3 YEARS LATER!

>Third Person<
Sarah was walking around the grounds, when she bumped into Albus, Mia and Rose. "Ready to go to Hogsmead?" Albus asked, but Sarah shook her head. Today was Febuary 21st, her birthday.  "I'm actually planning my weekend with dad, actually." she said, and formed a curl at the edge of her lip to show her similar features with her father. "Well, we'll give you you're gift later. Happy Birthday, Sarah!" Mia said and waved her hand as the three ran down to the village. Just as Sarah gave her permission slip to Filch, Severus walked in, wearing his black winter coat. Surprised, Sarah was also wearing a black winter coat. "Ready for that birthday treat?" Severus asked, Sarah nodded and walked with him to the village while his arm was around her shoulder. "So, let me guess, Honeydukes stop first?" Severus asked smirking, but this time Sarah shook her head. "Zonko's?" No. "Then what?!"
"I don't know" she laughed for some reason. He looked at her confusingly with an arched eyebrow. They both smiled and stopped walking. Severus placed both hands on his daughter and smiled. "How old are you again?" he asked, "I'm 14, dad" she replied, smiling back. He placed his hand below for her to high-five it, but instead, she hugged him quite warmly. They both went into the Three Broomsticks, and were surprised as how many people were there too. "Lets go there." Severus pointed and led Sarah to a table for two. "Can I give you my present, now?" he said looking at his daughter. "Why not?" He gave her a book-like-shaped gift with purple and blue wrapping. "It took me a week to finish that one's wrapping." he told her in a exhausted tone. She looked at him curiously with a smile and opened the present. She gasped as she realized it was a photo album. "Thank you!" she said and stood up to hug him. "Wait! You haven't even opened it yet!" he told her. Sarah backed away laughing hysterically, while she flipped through the pages and to her surprise, there was a picture of him and her at the day Sarah was still a baby. Since it was in the wizarding world, the pictures all moved. Just as she was finished, she looked up at her dad with her smile ear to ear. "Dad," she said as he turned at her, "this is the best gift anybody can ask for" she told him cupping her hands to his. "I don't think so. For me, I believe you, yourself, is best gift anyone can ask for." Severus replied, staring at Sarah, with a smile forming in his face.

"It's been 3 years hasn't it?" Severus reminded, Sarah tilted her head in confusion. "Three years since what?" she asked, Severus chuckled at her question. "Since the day you saved me" he told her,

"Sarah, promise me something." he requested. Sarah tilted her head again.
   "Promise you what?"
"Never try to save my life again."
"That I cannot promise. But I think you can't even promise me either to do the same for me."
"I can't say you're wrong"

He then ruffled her hair making it messy, but she still looked beautiful. As they finished their Butterbeer, Severus now walked her to a bench outside. "Dad, didn't you hate snow?" Sarah asked, "I do, but the coldness can never be compared to the dungeons." he told her and sat down. Sarah rested her head on his shoulder while smiling. But then, Severus stood up and walked off. "Where are you going?!" Sarah asked, chasing after him. As they walked, they were both having an interesting conversation. Severus showed Sarah a picture of her in her 2nd year, caught eating a large chocolate frog, with her face covered in chocolate. "Once I'm getting a hold of that thing, I'm burning it!" Sarah exclaimed, trying to grab the picture from his hand. "I think you look rather adorable in this picture" Severus admitted, Sarah stopped. "Adorable? You must mean ridiculous!" Sarah said, throwing her hands in the air. "No... I think I really mean it. You were very pretty back then, even right now!" he told her. She rolled her eyes, and placed her hands on her hips. "Okay, for once, I'm gonna agree. But don't get me too overwhelmed, I still got that Potions exam tomorrow!" Sarah said, Severus looked at her and laughed.
"I think you'll pass it. You're quite the Potion Mistress yourself!" He began to adjust his sleeve. "They didn't just call me the Potion Master's daughter for nothing." Sarah said with a smirk.

"Well, shall we go back to Hogwarts?" Severus suggested, "what? But it's still early!"  "Correction 5:45pm."  "Alright" she said in surrender. As they both reached back to Hogwarts, Sarah followed Severus to the dungeons.

•••
"I can actually leave the Gryffindor dorms and stay in my own rooms?! Is that even allowed?"

"Well, you're pretty much a rebel yourself," he told her, "not to mention sneaking out of school on your first year." he added, making her laugh. "If not the stupid Ministry, then who?" Sarah asked innocently.

"So, wanna eat dinner?" Sarah asked as she opened the door. He nodded his head as an answer. They walked to the Great Hall, then seperated ways as Sarah in Gryffindor and Snape in the teacher's table. "Happy Birthday!" the Gryffindors chanted together as Sarah sat down. But she almost fell off her seat as a large cake was placed before her, and had a small candle, in which the flames spelled S A R A H.

When dinner ended, Sarah came to the Gryffindor Common Room Tower for awhile to open her gifts from her friends. There was one from Albus, Rose, Mia, Oliver, Fred and even Scorpius, who she actually made friends with for some reason. She chuckled or gasped as each one revealed itself behind the wrappers and hugged each friend who gave it. They spent almost all night playing games and chattering about... Anything. "Hide and seek!" Rose requested. "1...2...3..4...5..." and Sarah went for the table and hid at where you put your feet in. It was Albus who was it. He quickly spotted Sarah and surprised her by banging the table. Sarah was so surprised she accidentally hit her head hard on the table. Albus peeked at her, and Sarah strangled him to death. They were so busy atop of each other. The others squealed at them, reffering to how cute they looked together, making Sarah and Albus quickly realize what was happening and removed from each other. "Come on, one round isn't enough! Sarah you're it!" Fred said and ran to a hiding spot. It took them at least 7 rounds just to get exhausted, but they were eager to play more. But it was already 9, the time lights go out. Sarah made her way to Severus' chambers and was surprised seeing her father was lying on his bed.

Sarah started to get sleepy. Her eyes started to droop as she began to pull the covers on him. She adjusted his pillow, and closed the lights.

"Thanks, dad... For everything" she said in a whisper, before closing the door.

It wasn't really a happily ever after... Yet. But I just want to say... For now... that... All Was Well.