Chapter 4

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

After a night spent watching Mean Girls, I thought I was prepared for school. I'd been home schooled for most of my life, so I didn't exactly know what to expect at a real high school. Most of my research about it online led to one common thing: Mean Girls. Apparently it was some iconic movie that perfectly described the social reality of high school, so I figured I might as well watch it to see what I would be up against. If the movie really was accurate, I needed to plan accordingly to how I wanted this day to go.

I had a nice outfit picked out that shaped by curves nicely and was very figure flattering, but at the same time was comfortable and didn't seem like I was trying too hard. My brown hair was left down in its natural wavy state, shaping my face just how I liked it. After applying some natural looking makeup to bring out the small hint of green in my eyes, I sprayed some of my favorite vanilla perfume over myself and headed downstairs.

When I reached the kitchen, everyone was sitting, engulfed in conversation and eating pancakes. I made my way over and sat an an available seat, rolling my eyes at Luke's glare directed towards me. He was mad because I got the shower before he did this morning. 

I stared at him for a moment before turning to everyone else. ''Morning.''

''Morning Ronnie, how did you sleep?'' Liz asked me with a friendly smile.

I shrugged, ''Pretty good, I guess I was still tired from the long trip. Thanks again for letting me use your room, Luke.''

He rolled his eyes. ''Yeah, whatever.''

 A groan escaped my lips. He just wasn't going to let this shower thing go. ''I said I was sorry, alright? We'll have to work out a schedule or something so it doesn't happen again.'' 

''That seems fair, Luke.'' Liz added.

He sighed, ''Yeah, sure. I just...I'm very passionate about having nice hair and it takes time to get it just right -- time I did not get because my shower was delayed. The ladies won't be impressed today.''

A loud chuckle left my mouth and I clutched my stomach from laughing so hard. He sent me another glare which made me slowly calm down again. ''I'm sorry...again. Maybe try a beanie?''

He tilted his head, ''A beanie? Huh...yeah, thanks. Maybe having a chick in the house isn't so bad after all.''

I smiled and was about to grab a pancake, but was interrupted by a car honk outside.

''That's our ride, we gotta go.'' Luke said, standing up. ''I'm going to go grab a beanie, I'll meet you in the car.''

Looking sadly at the perfectly good pancake before me that I now didn't have time to eat, I picked up an apple instead to eat on the go.

I grabbed my bag and swung it around my shoulder before saying goodbye and heading outside. Harry was sitting in a crappy looking car, blasting the radio. He smirked when he saw me, which made me roll my eyes.