Chapter 16

V  e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

His plush lips clashed with mine in a fervent way.

It wasn't my first kiss, but it was my first intense kiss. There were no sparks or any of those other crazy myths, but I did feel anxious inside.

At first the kiss took me by surprise. I didn't believe that he was really kissing me in the movie theater lobby while we were both on dates with different people. However, I couldn't get myself to pull away because I was enjoying the feeling of his lips pressed against mine, so I kissed him back.

Then, however, I realized what I was actually doing. I was kissing him in the movie theater lobby while we were both on dates with different people, and that was wrong of me.

Once I finally came to my senses, I pulled away and lightly pushed Harry off of me. "What did we just do?" I mumbled, running a nervous hand threw my messy hair.

He grinned, "We just kissed."

I glared and looked over at him. "While on dates with other people."

His grin fell.

Feeling terrible, I walked over to the wall and slid down against it, sitting on the floor. "Oh my gosh, I'm such an awful person. How could I do that to Aiden?"

Harry walked over and sat beside me. "He'll understand."

I narrowed my eyes, "Understand what? That I'm an idiot?"

He shook his head, "You're not an idiot."

"Yes I am."

He cocked his head to face me. "How?"

I groaned, "Because I kissed you back!"

His eyebrows furrowed and he looked at me more seriously now. "But didn't you like it? Don't...don't you like me?"

My eyes closed and I banged my head against the wall. "Yeah, maybe I was starting to at some point but then you kept sending me mixed signals so I moved on. That's why I came here with Aiden."

"So you don't like me?" He questioned. "Because that kiss sure made it seem otherwise."

I sighed. "The kiss was a mistake, Harry. I don't like you like that."

"No." He shook his head. "It wasn't a mistake, how can you say that? I know you felt the same thing I did."

"I just got caught up in the moment."

He let out an annoyed laugh. "You just got caught up in the moment? What kind of bullshit is that, Veronika?"

I looked away from him, "I'm sorry."

I really did feel bad for doing this to him. He pretty much confessed to having feelings for me, and then I lead him on for a second, only to end up rejecting him. I was a terrible person.

He bit his lip in an agitated state before standing back up. "You know what, screw you, Veronika. Don't worry about making any more mistakes with me." 

Before I could even respond, he was storming back into the theater. I continued to sit on the floor, feeling like the trash that I was, before standing up myself a few minutes later. As much as I was hating myself, I was still here with Aiden and I didn't want him to start worrying.

Harry was glaring at me when I entered the theater and started going up the aisle to my seat. I didn't blame him though, he had a right to be mad at me now. Not forever, though. I did say I was sorry, and I was honest with him. He needed to take some responsibility for kissing me out of the blue and expecting me to be okay with it. I understood that he was currently hurt though, so that wouldn't be happening at the moment.