Chapter 10

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

"This looks so good on you, who would've thought our school colors could actually work on someone." Celia stated, eyeing me up and down as she just began to curl her hair.

I was dressed in Luke's old hockey jersey from when he was a freshmen. It was red and mustard yellow - not the prettiest of colors, but not completely terrible either. 

Tonight was the teams first game, so it was only natural that we dressed to show our school spirit. Not that I really had a choice anyway, Liz was big on showing support for her family, so she made sure that I'd wear Luke's jersey by leaving it pressed neatly on my bed when I got home from school.

She even made Celia dress up by giving her a yellow scarf to compliment her red shirt.

"Ready to go?" Luke asked, entering my room. "We have to leave soon."

"But the game doesn't start for another two hours?!" Celia shrieked as she stopped curling her hair.

Luke chuckled, "The team has to get there early to warm up. Plus, it's our first home game so we have to make sure everything's all set up right."

Celia groaned, "What time are we exactly leaving at?"

Luke looked at the time on his phone. "You have four minutes to finish up before I make your ass get in the car."

Her eyes widened and she nodded. "Four minutes to curl my hair, I can do this. V, you curl one side of my head and I'll do the other. You're curling iron is still plugged in, right?"

I looked at my iron that was unplugged and bit my lip. "Well..."

"Plug it back in now! I'm going to this game with my hair curled!"

Luke took that as his cue to run and I laughed, plugging my iron back in, hoping that we would be able to get her hair done in time even though I was a little uneasy about it. All I knew was that I definitely did not want a cranky Celia to deal with at the game.

_____________________________________________________

"I can't believe you curled your entire head of hair in four minutes." I stated in disbelief as Celia and I sat in our seats, waiting for the game to start. We had been here for nearly two hours and I was still shocked that she managed to get it done.

She smirked, "I'm gifted like that. Besides, I got a little help from you so I really don't know why you're so shocked."

I grinned, "Ben would be impressed, just like how Luke was."

A light blush crept its way onto her face. "Please, Luke was just happy I didn't make him late."

I smirked, "Yeah, okay. Why don't you two just date already?"

She smirked back, "I'll ask him out when you ask Aiden out."

This wiped the smirk right off of my face. "Aiden?" I questioned, turning to watch him warm up on the rink. I hadn't talked to him much since the party because he's been busy with hockey practice all week.

"You do like him, don't you?" she asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

I shrugged, "I don't know, he's cute and really nice.."

"So what's the problem?" she questioned.

I bit my lip. What was the problem?

"I think I just need to focus on myself first before jumping into anything." I stated honestly after a moment of thinking.