Chapter 26

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f      V i e w

I didn't know what a macarena was until tonight, but I did know that is was fun and I liked it.

Laughter filled the air as I jumped around, dancing with my friends to the song currently playing at the Winter Dance. My brunette curls bounced off my shoulders while a giant smile was plastered onto my face. I was having fun, despite the pain in my shoulder from getting the crap beat out of me yesterday at the hockey game.

I awoke this morning to a bruise on my shoulder as large as my fist and the same color as my purple-blue toned dress I was currently wearing. 

It was kind of scary to see a bruise that large that contrasted so strongly against my skin, but luckily with the help of some makeup I was able to cover it up so that no one would suspect a thing.

Even though it was throbbing with pain with every step I took, I wasn't going to let it ruin my first high school dance experience. 

Besides that, so far everything about the night was going great.  Aiden was even being his old usual self, which was nice for a change. Lately he'd been acting so odd and getting into fights, but he genuinely seemed happy at the moment which made me happy. I missed this Aiden.

"Look who it is!" Celia squealed as a tall figure dressed in a black tuxedo entered the venue the dance was being held at.

The twinkly lights hung around everywhere nearly blinded me for a moment as I quickly turned to see who it was, but once my eyes met the familiar pair of green orbs a grin crept its way onto my face.

"You came." I said as he casually approached our friend group.

Harry shrugged and quickly sent me a wink, "I promised."

My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion for a moment as I tried to figure out what that meant. He promised? Who did he promise?

Last night was kind of hazy for me because I was so sleepy, but I was beginning to think more happened than just Harry bringing me up to my room like I assumed.

Harry chuckled at my confused expression and turned to everyone else. "Why'd you stop dancing? Come on!"

He then began moving around the dance floor like a goof. Lately he'd been acting so strange too, but now he seemed comfortable and happy. I couldn't contain the laughter I was trying to keep inside, so I erupted into giggles and began dancing along with him and everyone else.

________________________________________________

An hour later I was just as giddy as I felt when I first arrived. However, I was dehydrated from all the dancing so I excused myself and made my way over to grab some punch.

I was pouring some of the liquid into a cup when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

The tap was somewhat light, but it was on my bad shoulder and it caused me to flinch for a moment and nearly drop the punch.

I sighed in relief that I didn't spill anything, and turned to see who was trying to get my attention.

The infamous smirk and strong smelling cologne of Zac Rowley was the last thing I expected to come face to face with.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, not even giving him a polite hello.

His smirk widened, "Hi to you too, babe."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not your babe."

He shrugged, "You could be if you wanted to be. You're still just as fine as the first time I saw you."