Chapter 47

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

I slowly walked down the aisle, my arm entwined with Luke's.

Delicate music played in the background as people turned their attention to us.

He was the best man. I was the maid of honor.

We took our positions near the pretty white arch that was decorated with lilac flowers and waited.

My father was by my side, a large smile etched across his face as he waited for Liz.

Harry and Celia came down the aisle together, both grinning like crazy. Harry shot me a wink which made me blush slightly.

Seconds later, Liz came flowing down the aisle. She looked so gorgeous, it was almost like she was floating.

I noticed tears in my father's eyes, which made me start tearing up as well. They were happy tears though, of course. Life couldn't be any better than it was right now. My dad was marrying someone he loved. He was getting a real chance at love and happiness again. And it was with someone who I loved as well and could really see as a mother to me. Her and Luke just felt like they were supposed to be in my life.

Not only were things great familial wise, but my future was looking pretty great too. Harry and I both got accepted to Ohio State and were going to join their hockey program, which was one of the best programs in the entire country. After truly beating Zac and his team at our unofficial finals, we felt like we could take on any hockey challenge. So Ohio State it was.

"Marco, do you take Liz to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?"

My dad smiled. "I do."

"And Liz, do you take Marco to be your.. " The officiant continued. Harry grinned and mouthed 'this is going to be us one day' to me from across the area we were in. My eyes grew wide, but so did the smile on my face. Maybe that would be us one day.

"You may now kiss the bride!"

We all cheered as the two kissed and went off on their way to take photos around the backyard. They decided to have a wedding at home, decorated and planned by Celia, Ben, and me. Harry, Luke, and the rest of the guys on the hockey team helped set everything up from benches to the arch to tables for food.

After everything with Brett, my father realized life was too short to wait, so he proposed to Liz during our celebration for winning against Zac and his team. They waited just two months for a May wedding. Flowers were just beginning to bloom in the backyard, so it made for a really beautiful setting.

"May I have this dance?" Harry asked a little while later after all of the toasts were given and the food given to us by Harry's Gran was devoured by hungry guests.

I smiled and grabbed his hand. "I guess so."

He shook his head, and faked a scoff. "You guess so...Please, you love my dance moves."

I tilted my head. "Do I?"

He nodded and put his arms around my waist. "You do, because you love me."

My arms wrapped around his neck and I smiled. "That I do."

We swayed back and forth for a while, having a nice time together. Celia and Luke were dancing beside us, though they kept stepping on each other's feet which made Harry and me laugh.

"May I cut in?" My father asked, a large goofy grin on his face.

Harry smiled, "Of course, Marco. Congrats on the marriage, man."

My dad grinned even larger, if that were even possible, and gave Harry a pat on the shoulder. He then looked down at me as Harry stepped out of the way.

"Are you happy, Rons?" My dad asked after a couple of seconds of swaying.

I nodded, matching his smile. "I am, dad. I really am. Moving here was one of the best decisions we've ever made. It's like living in this whole new fairy tale."

He nodded, "I'm glad, kiddo. You finally found your prince charming, eh?"

I glanced over to Harry who was dancing like a fool, his hair flowing in the wind as he head banged around the backyard.

I chuckled, "He's no prince charming, dad. He's more like an Ogre."

My dad narrowed his eyebrows in confusion, but I just laughed even further as the song changed and Harry looked up at me with huge eyes.

He grinned at me, his eyes twinkling as he crept his way closer.

When he finally reached us, he excused himself before shouting. "Now I'm FREE, FREE FALLING."

I giggled and joined in singing with him. This was the song that played the first time I met Harry.

We had a strange relationship bounded by our love for John Mayer, Shrek, and skating. And I wouldn't of had it any other way.

The End. (For Now)

__________________________________________

that's it! a year and a half later and this story has finally come to an end! i hope you all enjoyed it!! i'm going to be posting an update after this letting you know some important things coming soon! but in case you don't read that, just know the 'sequel' type of thing following celia's life has begun now! it's called "all gone wrong" and the first chapter will be out tonight!

thanks again for all the support you guys have given me for this story! it's been so much fun writing for you guys & i hope you stick around for some of my future stories to come!!

Questions

1. Thoughts on this story as a whole?

2. Are you happy with the ending?

3. What's been your favorite/least favorite moment throughout this entire story?

4. If there were a sequel for just Harry and Ronnie..what would you like to see? ;)

Thanks again for reading! I love you guys!