Chapter 31

V e r o n i k a ' s      P o i n t      o f      V i e w

Later that evening Aiden and I decided to get some food together.

We were in a diner that was a local hotspot laughing our asses off at corny jokes when suddenly I noticed a familiar face walk through the entrance.

My heart began to race a bit and I noticed my hands started to lightly tap against the table, a nervous habit of mine that I was surprised to find myself doing.

"What's wron- ...Oh, I see." Aiden began saying as he turned around to see what, or rather who, I was staring at.

He had a light smile on his face as he watched me lightly freaking out over the figure, even though I had no idea why I was acting this way.

Then his eyes met mine and I went into full blown freak out mode. I started smiling like an idiot and it grew wider with every step he took towards our table.

"Hey Harry." I awkwardly stated, still grinning. Snap out of it, Ronnie.

Harry looked back and forth between Aiden and me as he hovered above our table. He looked pissed.

"I don't want to make a scene right now and honestly I'm tired of all the drama anyway, but Ronnie you deserve to know. This asshole cheated on you with Ben, I saw it at the last party. I wasn't going to say anything because I thought I'd give him a chance to explain for himself, but it looks like he didn't and I just need you to know because you deserve so much better." He muttered, crossing his arms.

His little speech made a small blush appear on my cheeks that I prayed no one else noticed. Part of me didn't even care if it was noticeable though because all I really cared about was the fact that he still cared about me.

After a few seconds of silence I snapped out of my thoughts and lightly smiled up at Harry. "Thank you..I know Aiden cheated, everything's okay again now. Do you maybe want to join us for dinner?"

He blinked and I noticed he tensed up. "You..you forgave...him?"

I nodded. "Yeah, of course I did. I'm not going to hate him for being confused about his feelings."

Harry began shaking his head and looked away, biting his lip. "Unbelievable. I'm never going to win, am I? You two are always going to be there..It just sucks because I can't even hate you for it."

My eyebrows furrowed together. "What do you mean? Of course I'm always going to be here for Aiden. I'll always be here for you too, though."

He let out a sarcastic laugh and shook his head once again. "I hope you two are happy together."

Before I could even comment, he was already taking off out of the diner.

"What the hell?" I muttered as I watched him through the window.

Aiden awkwardly scratched his head. "I think he thinks we're still together."

My eyes grew wide. "What? Why do you think that?"

Aiden shrugged. "I just can tell that's what he's thinking. Go. Chase after him. Tell him we're just friends."

I stared at Aiden as if he had two heads. He wanted me to go after Harry?

He put his hand over mine. "Come on, you need to finally admit to yourself that you like him."

I blinked. After processing his words for a few seconds, I nodded and gave him a thankful look before running out of the diner to get to Harry.

It was like a dramatic scene in a movie even though it really didn't have to be. I could have just texted him or told him the next time I saw him that Aiden and I weren't a couple anymore, but this way just seemed right.