Chapter 32

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

"I can't believe you stole her away from me."

I tried my best to stifle a giggle as Harry's little cousin, Toby, was glaring. Harry got stuck babysitting last minute on the day we had planned to go on our first date. He had said it was alright if I wanted to cancel and try again a different day, but I was eager to spend time with him and I loved Toby anyway ever since his birthday party a while ago.

"Sorry Tob, the heart wants what it wants." Harry remarked with a grin.

Toby rolled his eyes and I let out a small chuckle.

Harry smiled, "Your laugh is so cute."

I felt myself start to smile like an idiot at his compliment but then I stopped when Toby began grimacing. "Stop flirting with the girl, please. You've been at it all day and so far nothing's happened. Even I get more action than you."

My mouth flew open in shock while I also tried holding back another laugh.

"Toby what the heck man? You're like, seven?" Harry remarked staring at Toby with a puzzling look which only made me want to laugh even more.

Toby nodded, "Exactly."

A loud giggle escaped my mouth that caused me to momentarily lose my balance from the ice we had been skating on for the past half hour. Harry drove us to this park that was a few towns away that had a beautiful lake to skate on and some pretty trails to walk through. I hadn't skated on a lake in years nor had I spent much time actually outside in the Michigan environment, but I was loving it now.

Harry quickly reached a hand out to help catch me before I could fall, which luckily ended up working. His hand was wrapped at the bottom of my back and he had fallen a bit himself from moving so quickly so that he was now standing right above me.

I stared up into his bright green eyes and couldn't find the strength in me to look away even though I knew Toby was right in front of us watching.

Harry's eyes were locked on mine as well and when Toby began to speak, Harry shushed him and told him to shut up.

Toby groaned, "I was just going to say you should make your move. I'm turning around and closing my eyes, don't worry."

I noticed Harry's eyes moved to my lips when I laughed at Toby's comment. Was he actually going to make a move right now?

"You're such a clutz." He stated with a smirk before pulling away and helping me all the way back up.

I smiled. He was so cheeky sometimes.

"Are you done yet?" Toby called as he was still facing the opposite way.

Harry shot me a smirk and then slowly crept over to Toby, throwing him up into his arms as he began tickling him. "Are we done?  Are we done? We're only just beginning, kid."

_____________________________________________

"Thanks for today, I had a good time." I genuinely stated to Harry after we dropped Toby back off at home and were now parked near my driveway.

"You, Veronika Novak, actually had a pleasant time with me?" He questioned in a fake surprised tone. He then began looking around. "Don't speak so soon, I'm sure someone is going to pop out wanting to fight me or disrupt us any minute now. Most of our pleasant experiences with each other usually tend to end that way."

I playfully rolled my eyes and stared at him. "Oh shush, no one is going to disrupt us anymore. I think everyone's grown tired of it by now."

He chuckled, "I'm glad, because I really wouldn't want to be interrupted for this."

"For wha-" I began asking but stopped due to his lips being pressed against mine.

This kiss was different than the first time he kissed me. I wasn't expecting it like last time, but this time I really did want it and was ready for it. I was ready to accept Harry into my life and to get close to him. Literally.

He lightly pulled me closer and I felt my pulse speed up as I thought about how much I liked this boy. My hands were making their way to his hair when suddenly there was a loud knock on the door.

We both jumped apart and tried to see who it was in the dark night.

Harry rolled down his window and revealed Luke standing there awkwardly, running a hand through his hair.

"This is just as weird for me as it is for you, okay? I just thought I'd stop you now because mom and Marco are literally sitting by the window watching you two and I couldn't take their comments anymore. My mom's cheering you guys on and Marco is stuck between liking you and wanting to come out here with a baseball bat." Luke stated as he tried to avoid eye contact with us.

I looked at Harry and he looked slightly scared but also as if he were trying not to laugh.

"What is it?" I whispered to him so that Luke couldn't hear.

He finally let a smile break loose as he shook his head. "Nothing, it's just..I told you someone would end up disrupting us."

A light laugh left my mouth and I nodded as I began gathering my things. "You're right. Except, this time I still think the night ended pleasantly. Call me later?"

He nodded while grinning, "Definitely."

_____________________________________________

i'm so so sorry for the delayed update! i tried writing this chapter so many times but just couldn't get into it bc i didn't want it to be cliche or boring but at the same time i didn't know how to make it different and fun. hopefully this was alright though! (even tho it's SUPER short and i suck at cute chapters)

i'm all done with school so updates should be much quicker now! there's about 12 more chapters left of this story, but 10 of them are already loosely planned out so they shouldn't take long to get out ! and there's going to be a spin off of this that'll feature harry/ronnie so there's that too ! i've been working on a sneak peak for it which will be out soon :)

as always thank you so much for reading/voting/commenting ! you guys fuel my motivation to keep writing lol

Questions

1. Harry and Ronnie are happy now. Do you think that will last?

2. Do you have any predictions for what's going to happen for the rest of the story?