Chapter 46

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

"I didn't think winning would feel like this."

The hockey team turned to Josh who had a somewhat sad expression on his face.

Most of us shared that expression. After everyone found out about what Zac did, he was immediately disqualified from playing hockey. He was even at risk for going to jail, but I didn't want to press any charges. It was all in the past now.

Beating Zac's team was no real struggle at all without him playing. He may have been an asshole, but he was a decent hockey player. It almost wasn't worth the win; knowing it wasn't a fair match to the game we were expecting.

Vince shrugged, "I've waited years to win the championship, and we finally did. I'm not complaining."

Luke sighed. "But did we really win? Who knows what would have happened if Zac actually got to play."

Vince rolled his eyes. "It's the dumbasses own fault he didn't get to play."

"I know that, but it just seems unsatisfying I guess." Luke responded, looking at the large trophy with no emotion.

He was right. It was unsatisfying. I stood up and clasped my hands together, "Who here also thinks the win was unsatisfying?"

Everyone besides Vince raised their hands.

I turned to Harry. "Well, Captain...what are we going to do about this?"

His green eyes sparkled as he watched me. Within seconds he stood up, joining me in the center of the guys. "Anyone want an unofficial rematch? One where we let Zac play and really get the chance to defeat him and his team once and for all?"

Chatter immediately filled the room. A majority of us wanted to play. We wanted our win to count. The trophy meant nothing if it wasn't earned fairly.

"That settles it," Harry began. "I'll let Zac know and we'll have a rematch tomorrow. Get lots of rest guys, we'll need it."

The team dispersed after that, relieved our hockey season wasn't going to end how it did.

I turned to Harry. "Is it alright if I sleepover tonight?"

He raised an eyebrow. The last time we had this conversation I basically got kidnapped.

"You sure you want to?" He asked.

I nodded, smiling. There was no reason not to trust Harry. He was a good guy, and I loved him. "I'm sure. We can discuss game strategies all night."

He chuckled and wrapped an arm around me. "Sounds like a plan."

_________________________________________

"I can't believe you guys actually want to do this. If I had won, I would've just gladly taken the trophy and left." Zac stated the following day as we stood on the ice, all geared up for the game. We had gotten a few volunteers to help us out with refereeing, keeping score, and announcing the game. Word got out fast to people around town. I was pretty sure today's game was even more crowded than yesterday's.

Harry grinned, "We know you would've, that's why we can't."

Zac rolled his eyes and looked back to his team. "Well....thanks for this. It's nice to end my day's playing hockey with these guys." He then turned back to us. "But don't think for a second that I'm going to go easy on you."

I smiled. "We wouldn't have it any other way."

The student referee blew his whistle and we separated apart to speak with our teams before the game began.

"Alright, this is it guys. Our final moment to prove ourselves. After years of being tormented by Zac, his teammates, and anyone else who has ever put us down..it's finally our time to show these people what we really can do and beat these guys once and for all. It doesn't matter if we win or lose, just try your best out there. We can do this." Harry spoke to us while we all huddled around him.

A large smile made its way onto my face as I looked around at my teammates. I knew this was where I belonged.

We chanted a little before breaking apart into our positions. The loud buzzer then went off, signaling the beginning of the game.

It was an intense first period to say the least.

With Zac playing, his team was doing so much better than they did yesterday. It was actually a challenge now.

The score was currently 2-1. We were only winning by one point, whereas yesterday we won by a ton.

During the second period, the game became even harder. Zac's team really picked it up and were now beating us by two points. A lot of players were getting injured because Zac really was playing with no mercy. But that was alright because we were playing that way too.

I slammed someone into the wall and got ahold of the puck. Quickly, I passed it to Luke who was open. He passed it to Harry, who shot and earned us a point.

The crowd roared with excitement. It was a close game.

By the third period, the game was even closer. It was currently tied 4-4 and there was just seconds left.

My breath hitched in my throat as I watched the puck go soaring across the ice. The goalie dived and missed.  A point was earned.

The buzzer began going off as the clock reached zero.

The game was over.

_________________________________________

and so was the story

lol jk there's one more chapter left!!!!

thanks so much for all the support!!! i love you guys <3

Questions

1. Who do you think won the game?!

2. Do you like that they had a rematch? Or should they have just kept the trophy?

3. Any guesses for how the story is going to end?!

4. Are any of you guys going to read the story following Celia's life?! If you are, my updating schedule is going to be every Saturday and Wednesday! Here's a lil sneak peak for who's going to be in the storyy :)

 Are any of you guys going to read the story following Celia's life?! If you are, my updating schedule is going to be every Saturday and Wednesday! Here's a lil sneak peak for who's going to be in the storyy :)