Chapter 15

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t      o f     V i e w

"Pancakes or waffles?" I questioned as Aiden and I walked around the local park on Thursday evening. We decided on grabbing something to eat, going for a walk, and then heading to the movies again since there wasn't much to do and we both really wanted to see Suicide Squad.

He grinned, "Oh definitely waffles. You?"

"Waffles, of course." I answered with a light laugh.

"Cats or dogs?" he asked, looking down at me.

We had been doing this all afternoon, going back and forth asking each other questions. It was pretty fun and was allowing me to learn more about Aiden.

I bit my lip. "Dogs. You?"

"Cats by default. I had a bad experience with a dog when I was little, ever since then I've been slightly terrified of them."

I chuckled because just as he said this a person walked by with a dog. Lots of people kept walking by with their dogs all afternoon, actually. It probably had to do with the fact that we were in a park.

"So that's why you been flinching all night." I teased.

He playfully rolled his eyes and smiled, "I can't help it."

I grinned, "Don't worry, I'll protect you from the most adorable creatures on the planet."

A chuckle came from him. "Gee, thanks."

"Sunrise or sunset?" I asked spontaneously. The sun was beginning to set as we walked, which was what gave me the idea for the question.

Subtly, he reached down and entwined our fingers. "Sunset, for sure."

I smiled and looked up at him to see his eyes twinkling down at me. His face starting inching closer to mine and I swore he was about to kiss me, and I was going to let him, but then he stopped and pointed to his watch. "Movie starts in fifteen minutes, we should get going."

My eyes puzzled together for a moment before I nodded, smiling. "Alright, race you back to the car!"

I didn't even wait for him to respond before I took off. Since I got the head start, I ended up winning and smirked as I watched him come into view a couple of seconds later.

"Slow poke." I teased.

He shook his head, grinning. "Cheater."

________________________________________________

"Slushy or soda?" Aiden asked as we waited in line at the movie theaters, continuing to play our game.

I tilted my head, "Depends on what kind of slushy."

"Blue?" he asked.

I smirked, "Then definitely slushy. Popcorn or candy?"

He put his hand to his chin as he thought about it. I laughed lightly at how serious he looked, it was as if he was having a really hard internal debate over my question.

"Both?" he finally answered with.

I nodded, "I completely agre-"

"Hey! Funny seeing you guys here." I heard a highly unpleasant voice state from behind me. I was beginning to get more annoyed every time I heard it.

I crossed my arms and turned around, "What are you doing here, Harry?"

He smirked down at me, "I'm on a date too."

I noticed the girl standing beside him, practically clinging to him, was my look alike from the party. The one he had said he regretted being with. Funny.