Chapter 13

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t    o f     V i e w

My face filled with worry and I looked up at Harry, speaking in a quiet voice. "Did you say...back on?"

He smiled triumphantly. "Yes I did."

"As in, I've worn them before?"

He continued to grin, "Yep."

"And how would you know this?" I questioned.

He chuckled, "I know who you are."

I bit my lip and slowly stood up, getting ready to dash out of the place any minute. I didn't care if I had to run home, I knew where this conversation was going. I was not going to go on the ice again, no matter how much Harry tried to convince me.

"Who told you?" I asked in an angered tone.

He smirked, "You did."

My eyebrows furrowed together at this and I narrowed my eyes. "What?"

He continued to smirk. "The first time I saw you I knew you looked familiar, and then the other day you told me your mom's name was Natalia Novak. I kept trying to think of where I had heard that last name, and then it hit me last night. I was trying to figure out why skating made you so upset, and then the pieces just came together. Novak. Skating. You're the famous Russian figure skater, Veronika Novak, but here you go by Veronika Ramirez, your real last name, to keep your identity secret. I saw you on TV a while back when I had the flu and was up all night. Some channel was playing a skating event so I just watched it. Why didn't you tell me?"

I crossed my arms, "I wasn't planning on telling anyone."

He narrowed his eyes and held his hands out, shaking them as he spoke. "Why on earth wouldn't you tell anyone? That's crazy!"

"It's not crazy! I just wanted to feel normal for once." I stated in a hopeless tone. "I wanted to be someone outside of the skating world. Here people like me for me, not because of my skating."

He was quiet for a few minutes before speaking up again. "Okay, you make valid points. But don't you want to show the world your talent?"

I turned away from him, "It's not my talent anymore."

He crossed his arms and raised his voice. "Why? Because you had one bad fall?"

"How'd you kn-" I began saying before he spoke again.

"I googled you after figuring out who you are. I read all about the fall and everything. Is that why you're scared to skate?"

I glared. "I'm not afraid to skate. I just don't want to do it anymore."

"Because you're scared."

"No!" I screeched.

He smirked and pushed the skates towards me. "Prove it."

I looked at the skates and shook my head. "I'm not going to skate."

His smirk broadened and he nodded. "I thought you would say that."

He then turned around and opened the small gate to get onto the ice. I was about to ask him what he was doing but stopped when he picked up a box and began to skate around with it, emptying its contents onto the ice.

Were...were those my..bras?

"HARRY, WHAT THE HELL?" I shrieked, running over to the edge of the rink to stop him somehow. "Stop it! How did you even get those?"

He chuckled, "I asked Luke for a favor. He just dropped them off here this morning, he wasn't happy about it though so don't blame him."

I shook my head, anger raging within me. "Oh I don't. I know this was all your idea. And it was a terrible one, because I'm not picking those up. I'm leaving."