Chapter 17

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

Two weeks had passed since the night at the movies. Two weeks without Harry speaking one word to me and many more kisses from Aiden since the small peck in the parking lot.

Tonight was the hockey team's second game, and even though I hadn't spoken to Harry, I could tell he was beyond nervous. Part of me felt bad for him, but part of me also loathed him. 

He was being so immature. I apologized for leading him on for a total of maybe twenty seconds, but he wasn't having it. Now I was the one mad at him because of how unreasonable he was acting.

We both had a mutual hate for each other, which wasn't something I was necessarily proud of, but I guess it was something I'd have to learn to live with.

"I swear, if I get smashed into the wall one more time I'm quitting the team." Ben stated during lunch.

Celia giggled, "What about all the hot guys you've been talking about? Would you really give them up?"

Ben's eyes narrowed and he pointed his chin. "There's hotter guys on the baseball team."

"Yeah, right." Celia said, shaking her head. By that answer I'm assuming Luke does not play baseball. She was still crazy for him, and he was for her too, but neither of them were doing anything. If their pace didn't start picking up I was going to have to intervene.

"Guess who." A deep voice stated from behind me as hands covered my eyes.

I bit my lip, holding back a smile. "Orlando Bloom?"

"Close." Aiden replied sarcastically, taking a seat beside me with a grin. "You coming to the game tonight?"

"Wouldn't miss it." I answered with a smile. "Like seriously, I wouldn't. Liz would probably cook meat loaf or something gross all week if I missed it. She's crazy for supporting the family."

Aiden chuckled, "That's good though, I know Luke appreciates it when you guys show up since a lot of the other players' families never even bother to come."

"Does your family come?" Celia questioned, narrowing her eyes at Aiden. Lately she's gotten really skeptical of him, and I have no idea why. He was such a down to earth, honest guy.

Aiden looked down, "No, not really."

"How come?" Celia pressed on.

He shrugged, "My dad passed a while ago and my mom's usually pretty busy working. My older brother works a lot too, but he said he might make it to tonight's game."

I felt myself frowning as Aiden said this because Celia had to practically force it out of him. It didn't seem like he wanted to share this information, but he did just to stop Celia from interrogating him.

Celia looked down and nodded, "Right, sorry about your dad."

Aiden nodded but kept quiet, probably because of how awkward the situation had gotten.

"I'm going to head to my locker, but I'll see you guys later?" he asked.

I slightly smiled and nodded, grabbing his hand lightly before he could leave. "I'll be cheering you on at the game too, remember that."

He gave me a soft smile and nodded before heading off.

Once he was out of sight, I turned to Celia and glared. "What was that for?!"

"I'm sorry. I just don't trust the guy!" she stated back.

"Why do you all of a sudden think he's hiding something? He's a good guy, Celia." I responded, crossing my arms.