Chapter 38

H a r r y ' s       P o i n t       o f       V i e w

"Should we really be here? I think this might be a bad idea." Vince stated in a nervous tone as our hockey team approached the rink Zac's team belonged to.

"Shut up, Vince. We're doing this." I replied, walking right on inside. The cold but familiar air brushed against my skin as I looked around. Zac's team was practicing now, running drills up and down the ice.

It took him a few seconds to notice us, but once the last person entered and the door slammed shut, Zac skidded to a halt.

"What do we have here?" He asked with an amused smile on his face as he skated over to the edge to speak to us. I hated his stupid amused facial expressions.

I glared, "You beat up one of our members."

Zac smirked and glanced at me, "Higgins isn't a member of your team.  Your girlfriend is."

"He may not play on the ice with us, but he is a member. He's done a lot for us this season. Like having to put up with your bullshit. I mean what the hell man, you can't just threaten and beat people up? Something is seriously wrong with you." I stated in an angered tone. Ben was apart of our family no matter what, especially with all that he's done for Ronnie.

Zac shrugged, "I do what I need to do to win. See those trophies in that case over there? They aren't there by taking it easy and playing nice. We did what it takes to get those."

"A trophy isn't worth someone's life. You're so fucking reckless and you don't even see how it's wrong." Aiden intervened, still upset over the fact that Zac hurt his boyfriend.

"Did you come here to give me a lecture? Because I could care less about what you have to say. I need to win the championships, I don't care what I have to do to do that." Zac replied, not phased by my or Aiden's words at all.

I crossed my arms, "We came to ask what you want in order to keep Ronnie's identity a secret." Ronnie didn't know we were here right now, because I knew if she found out we were doing this she'd probably get mad. But I didn't care. She always wanted her identity kept secret and I was going to try and honor that.

Zac laughed, "I don't want anything. Knowing there's a girl on your team is already a disadvantage. I'm not worried about losing anymore at all."

Celia, who had decided to come along with us, scoffed. "You should be worried! Veronika's practically lived on the ice her whole life; she knows what she's doing and I bet she could beat your ass any day."

Zac looked to Celia with a look of both shock and amusement. "Who's this little firecracker?"

Luke glared at Zac and threw a protective arm around Celia. "None of your business."

Celia shook her head, "You're unbelievable, we've known each other for years."

Zac narrowed his eyes, "We have?"

Celia rolled her eyes. "Whatever, that's not the point. The point is if you ever want to have children in the future, then you better not expose V's identity."

"Celia where the hell did that come from?" Vince asked from beside her.

She shrugged, "I'm protective over my friends."

I turned to Zac. "She's right. You want to play dirty, then we will too. Don't mess with Ronnie, or anyone else again. See you on the ice in a week, asshole."

______________________________________________

omg i think this is the shortest chapter i've ever written

but yes this small interaction was just necessary to move the story along ! 5 chapters left now !!! 

school hasn't even started yet and i'm already feeling exhausted from it, but i promise this story is going to be finished v soon !! then we hop right into celia's story ! & maybe after that...another story ? hmm i have some ideas and may have already started writing something 🙈

as always thank u very much for the reads/votes/comments ! it means the world to me & motivates me to write even more !!

Questions

1. Do you think Ronnie will find out about this little interaction?

2. Do you think it was wrong Harry kinda went behind Ronnie's back and did this, or do you understand where he's coming from?

3. Do you think Zac is going to pull anything else?