Chapter 33

V e r o n i k a ' s      P o i n t     o f     V i  e w

"So tonight's the night, huh?" Celia stated as she sat on my bed, flipping through a magazine.

I put my skates into my bag and nodded, "Yep, tonight we finally play Zac's team."

"Are you ready for that?" she asked.

"I'm not sure, they are undefeated so far so that's a little scary, but we've been practicing like crazy and we finally feel like a real team so I think we have a shot at winning." I responded as I continued to pack my bag for the game.

Celia nodded and flipped the magazine shut. "You know, this is crazy."

"What is?" I asked, looking for my jersey.

She laughed, "I'm best friends with one of the greatest high school hockey players who's actually an ex figure skater from Russia that is going to kick ass tonight. I'm so happy with how life is turning out. Like, literally everything is working out great. I'm going to go to the University of Michigan so that I can be by Luke for his last year of high school next year, you're finally with Harry and I don't think you two will ever be separated, your team is finally unified, Zac's going to lose and his reaction is going to be priceless...I don't know girl, life is just good right now."

I smiled. She was right, life was pretty good right now for once. Harry and I made things official, the team's been playing better than ever, and although I was still unsure about what my future plans would be, Celia was right - I'm nearly positive those plans will involve Harry because we were kind of inseparable.

_______________________________________________

"And Aiden Crow misses another block! His defense skills really are at a low tonight." The student announcers spoke as Aiden let yet another member of Zac's team by with a breeze. I didn't get it - he usually was great at defense but tonight it's like he's lost his groove.

"Are you alright?" I asked Aiden quickly as our coach called us in for a time out. We were currently losing by three points, which was kind of a lot for hockey considering we had a score of zero at the moment and were already in the second period.

He shrugged and avoided my eyes. "I guess my game's off a little bit tonight."

"A little bit? Dude, you look like you're just learning to skate for the first time out there." Vince remarked, giving Aiden an annoyed look. Ever since Aiden and Ben became a thing, Vince has kind of began hating Aiden. It didn't help that Aiden really was playing pretty rough tonight because it just gave Vince more of an opportunity to be rude to him.

"Leave him alone." I said while glaring at Vince. "We all have our bad games. Your comments aren't doing him any good so just buzz off you durak."

Vince rolled his eyes and skated over closer to the coach while Aiden looked down at me with a hint of a smile. "Durak?" he questioned.

"Means idiot." I replied nonchalantly with a shrug and a flashing smile.

"She's right, Vince is an idiot. Just forget about his comments and focus on yourself, you got this." Harry replied, giving Aiden a pat on the shoulder. The two had gotten closer since now all the drama was over. To say they were great friends would be a lie, but they at least were genuinely friendly with each other now which worked for me.

Aiden glanced at Harry for a few seconds and nodded. "Thanks man. I know what I need to do."

Our attention then went to the coach as he tried to show us a different play that would hopefully get us back in the game.