Chapter 21

V e r o n i k a ' s    P o i n t    o f    V i e w

"And the North Valley Tigers take their second win of the season!"

The crowd roared after Harry scored the winning goal. The team all skated over to him and tackled him to the ground, including myself. I was happy that we won again and were actually improving. We won by 5 points tonight, which was pretty big for us.

"Great game, Higgins!" Vince stated, patting me on the back once we left the rink and began heading towards the locker room.

I grinned, genuinely happy about the game. I couldn't contain my excitement. "Thanks, you played great too!"

He blinked and took a step away from me.

Oh no, what did I do?

"Dude..you sound like a chick when you get excited." he stated, eyeing me down as if he were checking if I was really Ben.

Woops.

I coughed, making my voice deeper. "Yeah...your voice doesn't get higher when you're hyped?"

He shook his head. "Not really, no...But I guess it was kind of cute on you."

A sigh of relief escaped my mouth. Before I could say anything else, Vince continued. "Do you want to take me up on that date by chance tonight?"

I bit my lip. "Can you hold that thought for a moment? I just need to do something real quick, I'll be back!"

He shot me a confused look as I ran away from him to go switch places with Ben. I didn't want to have to contribute anything more than hockey to Ben's life, so I figured it was best if he took control of his love life. Ben was already mad at me after telling him Vince was interested in going out the other night after practice and I had to decline, so I didn't want to screw this up either.

"Ben!" I shouted as I approached his lean figure far away from the crowds of people leaving the game. We made sure to meet up where no one would be able to see us swap places.

He smiled once I reached him. "Nice game, you're making me look great."

I rolled my eyes and grinned, "So great that Vince asked you out again."

He threw a hand to his mouth. "Shut up, no he didn't."

I shrugged, "He seems to be pretty determined to take you on a date."

Ben bit his lip. "I guess he's not so bad looking..The long hair thing does sort of work for him."

"You should give him a chance! Go tell him yes!" I said, giving him a slight shove as I began taking the uniform off.

He crossed his arms and turned away as I continued to change, "Only if you come too."

I laughed as I changed into a pair of jeans, "You want me to be your third wheel?"

"No, I want it to be a double date. Bring Aiden with you." he answered.

I threw a grey hoodie over my head and chewed on my lip as I thought about it. Aiden had been eager to hang out with me tonight, but maybe he wouldn't mind if Ben and Vince tagged along as well. "We can go if you really want us to."

"I do!" he replied quickly.

A light chuckle escaped my lips and he continued. "It's just I get super awkward on first dates, sweaty palms and word babbling. I could really use you guys there to calm he the hell down."

I finished letting my hair out of the tight braid it had been tucked away into and smiled. "Alright, I'll go ask Aiden now."

He hugged me and took the hockey bag with his uniform in it from me, "Bless you, you little skating speed rocket."