one

none of the movies or most characters mentioned in this story are real (i hope)
idk how this contract thingy works so let's just go with the flow

sorry it took me so long to post the first chapter, this will be on slow updates for now because i haven't finished writing it (blame the disney series)

____

Ashton

Ashton entered the room with a serious look on his face. He had to look professional and chill today, it was important. Maybe he was putting too much effort on it but this contract will show what he is made of, it will decide what happens next in his career.

Hedgar Johnson, a famous director/producer, had called his manager a few days ago when he got out of the studio for a movie named Painting Stars (where an art student falls in love with an astronomy prodigy) to play a role on a movie named Hide Your Lies. It was an honor, the worldwide-known director had won more Oscars for cinematography than Ashton's years of living, he was an inspiration for young producers and such. He was a huge success since he was nineteen years old, being forty-five years old now. Ashton accepted the offer as soon as the words got out of Joanne's mouth, specially because it was one of the lead roles. He didn't know why Hedgar had called him with much better people out there but he was honored.

"You were almost late." said Joanne as soon as Ashton got in the room.

He sat on a chair in front of his manager, being careful not to ruin his skirt and chuckled "I think you're the early one. How long have you been here, Jo?"

"For half an hour." Ashton gave her a look "Forty minutes - okay it's been one hour since I got here. You know how big this is!"

"Yeah I know. I'm nervous..." Ashton played with his fingers, something he usually does when he gets anxious "What if he doesn't like me?"

Joanne chuckled and put her hand in top of Ashton's as an attempt to stop it.

"You're going to be just fine. It's Hedgar Johnson we are talking about, he only chooses the best actors in Hollywood to see an audition and he only chose you."

Ashton nodded with a smile and thanked her. His phone buzzed with a text from his mother. He smiled when reading the reassuring words from his mother who he hasn't seen in a few months.

[From: Mom]

i know that you are probably in that reunion already but i want you to know that everything is going to be fine and you'll get that role. i love you ash, we all do xx

Ashton responded to the text saying he loved her too, then there was a knock on the door. A tall man came out and he recognized him as Hedgar, a raven-haired boy walked behind him carrying two bags, a fruitcake and a notebook. It seemed like the boy was having an hard time holding all of it until he put it on the table.

"Here he is!" the man said "My star - Ashton Irwin! How are you?"

"I'm fine sir, thank you."

"Ah you're much polite than I thought you would be! I'm so glad Hollywood didn't affect you."

Ashton shook his hand and then Joanne did the same. He was wearing a plaid shirt that was buttoned up with a white shirt under it. Hedgar sat down at the table and pushed his chair away from the table so he could sit comfortable (he had a bit of growing stomach).

"Now, we are here to talk about business." Hedgar said and clapped his hands loudly, making the other boy jump "Calum, my coffee!"

"Here, sir." the boy - Calum said, adjusting his glasses and giving Hedgar a cup from one of the bags.