fourteen

thank you so much for 4.5K reads, it means a lot to me ❤ and welcome to sleepless nights with ana who turned moony

i'm gonna try and start updating weekly again but i don't promise anything

small chapter ahead xx

____________

Luke closed the door as Ashton got in the room. The curly-haired boy looked around the room, noticing everything was clean and in its place. The view from the balcony was amazing, you could see the Sydney harbour. He thought it was beautiful and smiled.

"Can I go over to the balcony?" he asked and Luke nodded, bitting his bottom lip and looking Ashton up and down.

Ashton thought that wasn't common, no one ever did that to him. Was it possible that Luke was feeling lust for him? No, that was impossible. In Ashton's mind it would never happen, he didn't have that kind of luck where his crush liked him back - it never happened, it will never happen. Especially with Luke since he is all wonderful and stuff, he is also straight. 

He stared at the view, resting his arms on the wall. The cold air hit his face and he smiled, feeling good about the world. Night was starting and that part of the city as particularly calm, the boats wandered around at the harbour, the opera house's lights were on, the sunset gave an amazing view - life was good that moment. Ashton sighed and turned around after hearing the sound of a camera, seeing Luke standing in the doorway with his phone on his hand. He was already wearing a grey shirt along with black jeans, he looked hot.

"D-Did you just take a picture of me?" Ashton asked, blushing.

"Yep, and it's already on instagram." Luke said, joining him "This is beautiful."

"It is isn't it?" Ashton said, smiling "Everything is so calm right now, everyone is already with their families and friends after a long day of work. Everything feels... wonderful right now. It's just a mix of colours and I want to look at this forever."

Luke had never seen Ashton like that. He had seen him laughing until he started crying, insecure and a bit sad but he never looked so... beautiful and poetic. He looked at the view like he was looking at the thing he loved the most, it was ethereal and Luke had never felt so good. His heart fluttered when he looked at the curly-haired boy with more attention, noticing a small smile on his face as he watched the horizon.

Maybe Ashton has a deep love for the sunset, at least that's what Luke thought. But honestly? He had never seen someone like this. Everything he saw for the past years was people obsessed with work and money, obsessed with complex and perfect things. He had never seen someone into something so simple as the sunset. When Ashton looked at him and smiled he knew he just wanted to stay and enjoy the view, Luke was going to give it to him

"You know, when I was little I used to watch the sunset with my friend Gale." Luke said, pushing a chair and motioning Ashton to sit down on it. The curly-haired boy did so and Luke did the same "He always told me that he was going to paint the sunset sometime but he never had the skills to do it so he kept training everyday until he did it."

Ashton chuckled and smiled at Luke, playing with the blond's fingers. He felt good that Luke was sharing something that intimate and personal with him, it means he trusted him.

"Did he do it?"

"Oh yeah." Luke said, smiling and showing the picture on his phone "He did it everyday until it was at his best, never beat himself up when the colours were wrong because at the end of the day he knew it didn't matter, he knew he did it best."

(credits to Mary Maxam)

Ashton smiled at the picture and nodded, playing with the ring on Luke's pinky. He liked it, it was nice.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because you beat yourself up whenever you fail a scene or forget a line. Don't do that Ashton, I hate when you get upset over it." Luke said, caressing Ashton's hand "You can do it if you practice, and when you start thinking that you did your best then it's because it reached the perfect spot. I think you already did because when you start failing it means you're not giving yourself too much work, you being comfortable is more important."

Ashton nodded and looked down, smiling shyly. Luke was being sweet and caring and he felt his heart beat faster when the blond looked at him and smiled. Luke usually did that, he lookend into Ashton's eyes and smiled for a few moments — or maybe he was just dreaming, but either way it made him feel good. He wanted to avoid liking Luke like that but it was honestly becoming impossible.

___________________

small but meaningful just the way dis hoe likes it

i honestly love the sunset + the stars and wanted a chapter where they bonded over something so yeah

any thoughts?

—ana rita (moony)