twenty-eight

this is ending in chapter 34 but i'm going to ask if you want a sequel or nah in the final author note bc it might depend on your thoughts about the epilogue

aLSO I'LL JUST UPDATE DAILY LMAO

5 chapters + epilogue left

(i unpublished because it's glitching on my phone and i can't read the comments sorry if you thought this was an update)

______________________________________

The driver put his bags inside the car while Ashton hugged his mother goodbye. He could have gone with the crew on the plane earlier but he decided to go with Luke again so he could spend a few more hours with his family. And maybe with Luke but that was another situation he liked to think about.

"I'm going to miss you so much." his mom said "Come visit soon okay? Send a postcard from Cape Town."

Ashton nodded and kissed her cheek. Luke was beside him and hugged the woman as well, giving her a smile. They said their goodbyes and got inside the car, waving to Ashton's family as they drove away. Ashton leaned back against the seat and sighed, tapping his fingers to the sound of the music.

Two weeks went by so fast and he barely had time to realise what was going on. They were going to South Africa for a month so they could film the last scenes, then the movie would be edited in a week or two and they would have the premiere. Ashton found himself confused whenever he thought about the editing, it must be hard so how can they do it in two weeks? He suspects they edit the first scenes while others are being recorded, so in those two weeks you add the final touch.

He tries not to think about it too much, his head starts hurting if he does.

"You okay?" Luke asked, giving him a smile.

Ashton looked at Luke and nodded, looking down to his hands.

"Yeah, I'm just going to miss them but it's okay! I visit every three months."

Luke nodded and looked out the window. He seemed quiet on that day, it worried Ashton. Maybe he shouldn't worry that much about Luke but he was usually talkative and goofy, the exact opposite of what was happening on that day. He still kept his smile and acts, but the feeling coming from him wasn't the same.

Ashton looked down at Luke's hand that was resting in the middle seat. He hesitantly put his hand on top of Luke's, the blond turning his head to look down at their hands. Ashton felt a shiver when Luke's icy blue eyes looked at him and gulped, trying to avoid getting lost in the other man's eyes.

"I-Is everything okay?" Ashton asked with a pout "You seem quite different today, did something happen?"

"Oh no, nothing happened." Luke said "I just feel very tired since I only had two hours of sleep last night and had to get up early today to shoot a scene. But I'm planning on sleeping on the plane."

Ashton nodded, noticing they arrived to the airport. The driver parked and they took their bags out of the car and started carrying them to the entrance of the airport. Papparazzis invaded their way and Ashton covered his face, it seemed to happen a lot lately. He didn't even listen to their questions, he just wanted some privacy and strawberry ice cream.

"Just avoid them." Luke said, pulling Ashton by his jacket to the field.

They walked to Luke's plane with their bags and got inside, putting it in the compartments. Ashton sat down on a seat and sighed putting on his belt just like Luke did. He sighed and looked out the window, the sun falling between the city buildings. Luke was sitting in front of him doing something on his phone, turning it off when the pilot said so.

The plane started to take off and Ashton leaned back on his seat and watched Luke, taking a picture of the sunset light hitting his face. He was glad the camera made no sound, it would have been weird. Ashton wonders why Luke was being rather cold on that day.

"Do you not want me here?" Ashton asked, looking at Luke and pouting "You could have told me you didn't want me to come with you, I would have been fine with it and went with the crew."

"What? It's not that Ash, believe me." Luke said, smiling at him.

"You are allowed to take your seatbelts off now." the pilot said through the speaker.

"Yeah but you have been rather cold with me today." Ashton said, taking his seatbelt off "You're fine with everyone but me, did I do something?"

Luke sighed, taking his seatbelt off "Come sit on my lap."

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows but nodded, going over to Luke's seat and seating down on his lap. Luke put his hand on Ashton's tights [a/n: Earned It by The Weeknd start oH] and held him still on his lap, his other arm wrapped around Ashton's hips. Their faces were rather close, Ashton had one of his hands on Luke's shoulder while the other was resting on his lap.

"Listen love, I appreciate that you worry about me. The fact that you worry about everyone is one of the things I love about you. I promise that I'm fine, I just need to sleep. I act different with you because I know that I can be myself and it means a lot to me." Luke said, bumping his nose with Ashton's and lacing their fingers "I like you a lot."

Ashton found himself wanting to say more than that but it would ruin the moment. He only nodded and let Luke kiss him, kissing back as soon as it started. He wanted to tell him that he loved him so badly, it's like a desire he has - like waiting for your favourite musician to be in your country and when he finally announces it you just want to scream.

When Luke's lips left his for the first time he had to hold every feeling he had to not just blurt it out. What if he just let it out suddenly and things became awkward? He knew that Luke wouldn't say it back, he didn't even know if he liked Ashton back. Ashton told himself to just appreciate what is happening even if he knew he would be the one getting out hurt.

It hurt him the thoughts of never talking to Luke again after they finished shooting the movie. He would miss him, of course he would! He fell in love with Luke in such a short time and knowing the blond would move on so easily broke his heart into tiny million pieces but he had to accept it. In that moment they were making out slowly and Ashton decided to make the most of it and appreciate what was going on instead of being sad because of it.

"I love you." Ashton blurted out when he pulled away, his eyes widening when he realised what he had said.

Ashton got up from Luke's lap and sat on a couch, avoiding Luke's eyes. None of them said a thing but he could feel Luke staring at him while he looked out the window. He felt nervouse because of the silence so started to think about a million things to say. Luke got up, walking on his direction.

"I'm sorry." Ashton said "I shouldn't have said that, forget about it. It's silly."

"Don't worry babe." Luke smirked, kissing under Ashton's ear and whispering "I love you too."

Ashton smiled and looked into Luke's eyes, smiling widely.

"Really?"

Luke bit his bottom lip and nodded even though he was lying. He just wants to see Ashton happy.

______________________________________ 

:-)

sorry this is so lame

opinionss

-ana rita (moony)