thirty

3 chapters + epilogue

______________________________________  

Ashton usually likes to compare love to the ocean, as weird as it sounds since one has nothing to do with the other (love is red, ocean doesn't have a colour for example). [a/n: absorption and scattering of light fite me]

Right now he would use one of his philosophies to explain it, a simple explenation that would be beautiful yet heartbreaking. If you asked him he would say that love is like the ocean, beautiful but can cause so much damage. His love with Luke was calm for a while, just friendly waves and he was happy. Then it became a huge storm and now he's hurt. Just like the ocean takes down cities it took away Ashton's heart.

He looks over at Olivia who was sleeping peacefully on a weird position and drooling to the pillow. It was late when she arrived the room (Michael was drunk and Calum took care of him) and Ashton had already been asleep but he still felt the girl kissing his cheek and saying everything would be okay. Maybe his cheeks were rosy from crying and that's why she said that, he doesn't know but doesn't want to ask.

He got up and stared out the window in front of them, seeing the view from the little bit Olivia had left open on the night before. He went over to the balcony, shutting the door slowly and sitting down in a chair, staring at the view of the beach. Everything was so peaceful on that moment, it's like his thoughts had gone away. Ashton took out his phone and saw it was almost six in the morning, he probably should go to sleep.

His phone buzzed with a text and he wondered who could be texting him right now. Probably not his family since they were busy at the time, not people from the crew because everyone was probably asleep. He grabbed his phone from the table and sighed at the notification.

3 texts from Luke.

[From: Luke]

i can't sleep

i can't stop thinking about you ash, i need you right now

i miss you

[To: Luke]

should have thought about that before walking away from me and breaking my heart

go to sleep

Ashton locked the phone and walked back inside, laying on his bed and cuddling his blanket. He let the tears stream down his face as he remembered the moments he had with Luke before all those bad things started happening. He remembers when Luke took him on that lunch and how much fun they had just spending time together without even doing anything but eat and watch a movie. Ashton sobbed into the blanket and hid his face when Olivia spoke up.

"Ash?" she said with a sleepy voice, getting out of her bed and laying on Ashton's.

She wrapped her arms around the smaller boy and sighed when he started crying into her shoulder. She didn't want to see him like that, it hurt so much.

"It's going to be okay Ash. You're going to be okay."

Ashton nodded and hugged her back, soon falling asleep.

***

lukehemmings media needs to stop thinking stuff just because of some pictures

lukehemmings i'm straight, me and ashton are just friends and nothing more than that

lukehemmings we are very close friends and kisses on the cheek/head are a very common thing to us, doing that with my friend does not make me gay even if i have nothing against the LGBT+ community