Chapter 3

{Character in picture: Leighton Meester as Clarissa Kennedy}

{Song in video: Blink-182 - All The Small Things}

"Kyler, honey, can you run some errands for me?" My mom came into my room and asked. It was 9'o clock Saturday morning and I had just woke up half an hour ago.

"Now?" I said.

"Yes now. I was going to make breakfast but we're out of eggs, milk, and bread. I can't make anything without those."

"Oh okay."

She walked out of my room and I groaned as I put on clothes and got ready.

I got in the car and drove to Walmart. I actually loved coming here with my friends because we had fun and messed around with different stuff but I knew they wouldn't be happy if I told them to meet me here this early. Besides, my family was waiting for me to come back so we could eat breakfast.

I parked and then went inside. I grabbed a shopping cart and went to the colder section to get the eggs and milk. I went to the bread section afterwards. I looked around and noticed there was no one in the aisle so I pushed the cart really fast and put my left foot on the bottom part.

Unfortunately, it was short-lived fun because someone appeared in front of me and I couldn't stop in time so I crashed into the person.

"Hey are you okay?!" I asked worriedly. "I'm so sorry-" I looked at the person and realized it was Seth. I just ran over my crush. Smooth.

"It's fine I do the same thing sometimes." Seth chuckled nervously. "I'm okay. I might be a little bruised but nothing major."

He was wearing a worker's outfit. "So you work here?" I asked.

"Yeah. I work weekend mornings and afternoons."

"Oh cool. I've never noticed you here and I come here a lot."

"Actually I just started working here like a week ago." He rubbed the back of his head and bit his lip.

"Oh okay. Well I better get going. My mom sent me here to run errands and my whole family is waiting for me to get back so they can have breakfast."

"I'll come check you out at the register if you want."

My face lit up. "Yeah sure. That'd be cool."

We went over to the register and he scanned the items. "It will be $7.40."

I gave him the money.

"Thanks and have a great day Kyler." He smiled.

I smiled back. "You too. I'll see you around."

I went back to the car and drove home.

"What took you so long?" Dylan complained as soon as I walked in the house.

"Oh shut up," I said to him and rolled my eyes. I went to the kitchen. My mom, Jared, and Madeline were in there. "Here mom I have the eggs, milk, and bread!"

My mom came to the kitchen. "Thank you sweetie!" She kissed me on the forehead. "Now we can have pancakes."

"Alright!" Jared exclaimed.

"Yummy!" Madeline grinned.

Dylan walked into the kitchen. "Did you get any bacon?" he asked me.

"No..." I said slowly.

"You went all the way to Walmart to get breakfast foods and you didn't think of bacon?"

Before I could say anything, my mom said, "I'm sorry Dylan I told Kyler to get eggs, milk, and bread. I completely forgot about the bacon."