Chapter 24

{Song in video: All Time Low - The Reckless And The Brave}

"I can't believe you got Addison back in Clarissa's clique and made her popular again," Alexis said as we watched them walk by us at lunch.

"I can't believe you hung out with them," Amy said, showing us a picture of me, Clarissa, Addison, Yasmin, and Melody hanging out the other day.

I shrugged. "What can I say? Me and Seth are still together and Addison kept getting bullied for no reason basically. I just had to do what was right," I said, taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"Oh yeah!" Alexis exclaimed, looking giddy. "Have you all heard anything about prom yet? They made an announcement about it this morning. It will be held in some building downtown. I totally have to do some prom shopping!"

"Yeah I heard that announcement too," Amy said. "You have plenty of dresses though."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah but I wore them already. I want something new for prom, something special."

This is the part I don't get most about 99.9% of the female population. When some special event comes up, they feel the need to get a new dress everytime that happens. What's wrong with wearing a dress you already have?

"Kyler, earth to Kyler!" Alexis exclaimed at me, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Hmm?" I said casually.

"I was saying we should do some prom shopping."

"I don't know if I'm going to prom."

Alexis and Amy stared at me like I was absolutely crazy. "You HAVE to go to prom, Ky. Anyone who is anyone goes to prom. I bet even Cornelius is going."

"You wouldn't go even if Seth asked you?" Amy asked, looking mortified.

I sighed. "Jeez calm down, I never said that. I'm just saying that I could care less about going to prom or not going to prom. If Seth asks me, then I'll go, and if he doesn't, then I won't. Simple as that," I said.

"You're going to prom, whether you like it or not. It'll be the time of our lives. Haven't you seen those teenage rom-coms about prom?" Alexis said.

I rolled my eyes. "You know I don't watch those kinds of movies unless you and Amy make me," I said.

"Do you even own a dress?" Amy asked.

I shook my head. "Nope."

Alexis' mouth dropped open. "You can borrow some of my dresses since we're basically the same size. You don't have to buy an actual dress if you don't want to," she said.

We noticed Cornelius walking close by our table. "I bet Cornelius is going to prom," Amy said, raising an eyebrow.

"Really? Let's go and ask him then," I said, resisting the urge to smirk.

"Fine." She turned in his direction. "Cornelius!"

He kept walking, I guess he didn't hear her. "Cornelius!" I yelled.

He jumped a little and turned around. "Y-yes?" he asked, looking nervous.

"Calm down, we're just wanting to know if you're going to prom, that's all."

"Of course, that's a no-brainer."

Amy turned to me and smirked. "Told you!" she exclaimed.

"Oh shut up," I said, rolling my eyes.