Chapter 22

{Song in video: No Doubt - Settle Down}

"I can't believe you met Seth's parents already," Amy said as she put books in her locker. "You two have been going out for almost a month right?"

I nodded. "Yup," I said.

Amy turned to Alexis. "Have you met Cayden's parents yet?"

Alexis shook her head. "No actually. I would like to meet them sometime though but I can't ask him that because I don't want to pressure him," she said, looking in her locker mirror and reapplying pink lip gloss.

"Seth's parents were really nice and chill. Me and his mom have a lot in common. She used to skateboard and roller skate when she was younger. She even gave me her old roller skates and they still are in good shape!" I said.

They both stopped what they were doing and paused. "Seth's mom gave you roller skates?" Amy asked, looking surprised. I nodded. "That's a really good sign. At least you know that Seth's parents don't hate you."

I laughed. "I didn't think they would hate me. That's actually the first time I ever met a boyfriend's parents."

Amy and Alexis looked at something behind me and had straight face expressions. "What is it?" I asked them, looking confused.

Amy cleared her throat and pointed her head behind me. I turned around and saw Cody standing there. "Can we talk?" he asked, scratching his head and looking slightly uncomfortable.

I sighed, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. "Sure," I mumbled. Amy and Alexis slowly walked away and stood a few feet away from us so we could have privacy. What is he doing at school? I hardly ever see him around campus.

"I'm sorry for what I did with Addison. Kissing her in front of you and your boyfriend wasn't cool. I'm just letting you know that I don't want to sabotage your relationship with him. I regret kissing her and I regret cheating on you when we were together. I'm not going to force you to forgive me or anything but I just wanted to let you know that."

I blinked. That was unexpected. "It's fine. I mean you can do what you want with Addison or whoever else."

"I'm not into Addison." He scrunched his face and laughed. "She's definitely not my type, too much of a drama queen and high maintenance."

I laughed at what he said. "Yeah..."

We paused for a few awkward moments. "I hope your boyfriend treats you a lot better than I ever did. He's lucky to have you."

"Thanks."

"Well...I've got to get going...Um bye." He scratched his head nervously and then walked away.

I gave him a small smile and waved goodbye to him. Alexis and Amy rushed back over to me. "What was that about?" Amy asked.

"He apologized about how he acted with Addison," I replied. "He also apologized for how he treated me when we were together and that he hopes Seth treats me a lot better than he ever did and that he's lucky to have me."

Alexis' mouth dropped open. "Cody Phelps said that?" she asked, looking shocked.

I nodded. "Yup."

"Wow...that's a shocker," Amy said.

"I guess he's finally maturing," Alexis said.

"I know right? It's about time."

"About time for what?" Seth said to us, suddenly appearing.

"Adventure Time!" I exclaimed and we laughed. Dylan, Cayden, and Luke came over to us too.

"Dude, you should ask her out already!" Cayden exclaimed to Luke.

Luke's face flushed. "Be quiet or they'll hear you!" he hissed.

Amy raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Ask who out?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"Nothing!"

"He has a crush on Melody," Cayden blurted out.

"Ugh! You weren't supposed to tell the entire world that." He glared at Cayden.

"I didn't...I just told Kyler, Amy, and Alexis."

He rolled his eyes and groaned. "Don't tell anybody." He looked at all of us.

"We won't," we said at the same time.

"I can't believe he has a crush on my cousin," Dylan mumbled. "What's the fascination with my friends dating my family members?" We all burst out laughing.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Addison looking miserable while some girls that passed by her were laughing and pointing at her. I took a deep breath and sighed. I know what I had to do.

I went up to Addison. "Hey..." I said to her.

"What do you want?" she snapped.

I kept myself cool. "Look, I keep seeing you in the hallway with no friends and being bullied. No one deserves that. Do you want to be friends with Clarissa, Yasmin, and Melody again?" Me and Seth are still together, happier than ever. There's no reason that she should be bullied and have no friends.

"I don't need your pity party." She slammed her locker shut.

Jeez this girl is making everything so difficult. "I'm not trying to pity you. I know you want back in with them and I can try figuring out a way for you to be friends with them again. Either way, it's your call. You can take it or leave it, it's up to you." I waited for a few moments and when there was no reply, I turned around and walked away.

Addison sighed. "Wait."

I turned back around. "Hmmm?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "I do want back in with them. But why are you helping me out anyways? I tried to sabotage your relationship with Seth."

"It's called just being a nice person."

"I'm sorry about that, by the way. I won't try to break you guys up anymore. It wasn't cool of me to do that."

"Okay, that's good."

"So how will you get me back in the clique?"

I shrugged. "I don't know yet but I'll figure something out. Clarissa is my sister after all." The bell rang and I walked back to my friends.

Amy gave me a bewildered look. "What was that all about? Have you officially gone crazy?" she said.

"Nope. I just keep noticing that she has no friends and keeps getting bullied. I figured that no one deserves that and I told her that I'll help her be friends with Clarissa, Yasmin, and Melody again," I said.

Seth gave me a soft smile. "That's what I love about you. You're tough but you're also really nice. You're a good person you know that, Ky?" he said.

I smiled and blushed. "Thanks..." I said. "Addison even apologized about what she did. She won't try to ruin our relationship anymore."

"Addison apologized?" His mouth dropped, looking shocked. "Wow..."

I chuckled. "Yeah I know."

"I'll help you come up with a plan to get her back to her friends," Alexis said. "Who knows, maybe she'll be nicer."

"Yeah, who knows."

"Oh we've got to get to class! We're going to be late!" Amy exclaimed, realizing that the hallways are now basically empty.

"Crap you're right!" Alexis exclaimed back. "I can't be late to my first period class. I'll get detention!"

We quickly left and rushed to our classes.

**********

A/N: Quite a few things happening here too...Let's see what will happen!

READ

VOTE

COMMENT