Chapter 8

{Character in picture: Joshua Anthony Brand as Seth Walker}

{Song in video: Avril Lavigne - Complicated}

"Come on Kyler you have to come to class!" Amy exclaimed and grabbed my hand.

"I'm not going in that music class," I said. "Seth's in there and I can't be around him for the rest of my life."

"He's Dylan's close friend, of course you'll have to face him sooner or later. I thought you never got embarrassed by anything."

"I don't but this situation is different."

"It'll be fine Ky. Just act how you would normally act," Alexis said.

"I'm not going in that class." I got out of Amy's grip and crossed my arms.

"It won't be that bad," Amy said. "At least if you skip the class then go to the nurse or something."

"That's what I'm going to do."

"Okay...well we'll see you later." They went in the music class and I walked to the nurse's office.

"May I help you?" The nurse asked nonchalantly.

"I uh have my period...bad cramps..." I faked a look of pain on my face and held my stomach.

"There's a few exam tables you can rest on in the back."

"Okay thanks." I went to an exam table, closed a curtain, and laid on it.

How will I avoid Seth for the rest of my life?

I laid there and took a nap for about an hour or so and then when the bell rang, it woke me up.

The nurse opened the curtain. "Feel any better?"

"Yeah it's manageable," I said and got my backpack. "I'll go on to class. If I feel worse then I'll just come back here." I left the nurse's office and went on to lunch.

"There you are!" Amy exclaimed behind me. "I was looking for you. So you're all good now?"

I turned around and gave her a look. "I'm going to eat in the bathroom," I said.

Alexis made a disgusted face. "Ew, why? That's unsanitary," she said.

"You can't avoid Seth for the rest of your life. You have to face your fears and confront them! Who knows maybe he does like you. You never know," Amy said and raised an eyebrow.

"I doubt it," I mumbled. "Now if you'll excuse me I'll be going to the bathroom."

"If it makes you feel any better, in music class Seth asked about you," Alexis said.

"Oh yeah he did," Amy recalled. "I told him you weren't feeling well."

"I'm just glad we're not in the same grade or have any other classes together," I said. "As I was saying, I'll be heading to the bathroom now." I quickly walked to the bathroom stall and ate my lunch in there.

It was empty and silent until the bathroom door opened and I heard high heels clicking on the floor.

I looked through the opening of my stall and saw Clarissa, Melody, Yasmin, and Addison looking in the mirrors. They were putting on makeup and lipstick. Seriously what was the point of lipstick when it just comes off when you eat and drink anyways?

"So I'm thinking of asking Seth out soon," Addison said while putting on eyeshadow.

"You go get him back!" Yasmin exclaimed and smiled.