Chapter 29

{Song in video: The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far, Kid}

It was the seniors' official graduation day. It started at 9 in the morning so we had to wake up a little earlier than usual so Dylan and Clarissa can get to their graduation on time.

I got up out of bed and tried to figure out what I could wear. Normally, I just pulled out whatever clothes I grabbed from the closet but today I had to look better than usual. I opened my closet, rummaging through different clothes. I didn't want to wear a dress but I still had to put on something a little nicer than usual so I put on a gray blouse, black skinny jeans, small black heels, and a black blazer over my top. I put on black eyeliner, black mascara, and pink lipstick on. I decided to wear my hair down, as usual.

I went downstairs to grab a bowl of cereal. Dylan and Clarissa were already downstairs, wearing their black cap and gowns. Clarissa had her hair curled, wearing it down. She also had on pink lipstick, black mascara, and light blush on her face, which is nothing extraordinary for her but she still looked pretty nonetheless.

My dad came downstairs. "Well today's the day you two graduate," he said to Dylan and Clarissa, giving them a smile. "I'm very proud of you two."

"Thanks," Clarissa said, grinning. "I can't believe I'm graduating!"

"Me too," Dylan said.

"Oh Dylan, there's an envelope for you that came in the mail," my dad said, handing him the envelope.

"It's from OSU, Ohio State." He took a deep breath. "Okay...here I go." He opened up the envelope and read it. A few seconds later he grinned. "I got accepted! I can't believe it!" His eyes widened.

"Congrats!" my dad exclaimed as we all hugged each other.

"What's all the commotion about?" my mom asked as she walked downstairs with Madeline. They were both dressed up, wearing dresses and curled their hair.

"I got accepted to Ohio State!" Dylan exclaimed, waving the letter around.

My mom's face lit up. "Oh my gosh, congratulations!" She joined in on our hug and Madeline did too, even though she didn't know what was going on.

"All we need here is Jared," I said.

"Jared! Come downstairs!" my mom exclaimed loudly.

"What?" Jared said rather grumpily, walking down the stairs with a scowl on his face. He definitely wasn't a morning person, if you woke him up before 8 then he's grumpy until 9:30 rolled around.

"Dylan got accepted to Ohio State," my dad said.

"Cool." He begrudgingly joined in on our family hug.

"Well we should get going," my mom said, looking at the time on our clock in the living room. "Dylan and Clarissa, you two will ride together since you two are graduating and the rest of us will get in the van."

They nodded and they went outside to the car. A few minutes later, we got in the van and drove off as well.

I was pretty nervous since me and Seth still haven't decided if we would stay together or break up once he graduates. We were going to talk about it later on today.

As I was thinking about what was going to happen between us, we stopped and got out of the van once we got to the area where the graduating ceremony will take place. We walked to the seating area and I saw Dylan talking to Seth, Cayden, and Luke. I went over to them. "Hey!" I greeted them and kissed Seth. "So are you all happy that you're graduating?"