Chapter 14

{Character in picture: Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Cornelius Bernard}

{Song in video: The Smashing Pumpkins - Zero}

I walked downstairs, grabbed a piece of toast, and was on my way out the door when Dylan said, "Are you riding with somebody?"

"Yeah with Seth," I said. His face turned into a slight frown and he furrowed his eyebrows.

I went outside and went into Seth's car and we drove off. He was playing "Zero" by The Smashing Pumpkins in the car. I grinned and exclaimed, "Amazing taste in music!" I held out my hand and we high-fived.

"You're into this stuff too?" he said, smiling.

"Yeah I love the 90's and early 2000's rock."

"No way, me too."

"I wish I was a teen in the 90s actually."

"I can totally see that." He grinned and chuckled softly. We laughed and talked until we got into the school's parking lot and parked.

"Since you have such amazing taste in music, I should ride with you to school for now on," I said, putting my backpack straps on myself.

"You could if you want. I don't mind since I live sort of close to your house," Seth said. We held hands as we went to school and went to sit on the benches outside before school started. We sat and talked for a few minutes and then Dylan, Cayden, and Luke came up to us.

"Yo, I'm hosting a bonfire at my place tonight," Cayden said, facing mainly Seth. "Seth, will you be able to come?"

Seth quickly glanced at me. "Yeah but only if Kyler's invited to come as well."

My eyes widened. "You don't have to do that," I said. "You can hang out with the guys if you want."

Cayden scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Fine she can come," he said. He turned to me. "Don't eat all the s'mores."

I gave him a weird look. "Okay? Since when do I do that?" I couldn't help but laugh.

He shrugged. "You just seem like the kind of person to do that." He squinted his eyes at me.

"Is Alexis going?"

His eyes widened and he gasped. "Oh my gosh! I forgot to invite my girlfriend!"

We all burst out laughing. "Hey since Kyler and Alexis are going, is it okay if Amy comes?" Dylan asked him.

"Sure..." He gave him a weird look but quickly went back to a normal expression. "I've got to go tell my girlfriend about the bonfire." He quickly walked away and left.

Dylan snickered and then put his arms around me and Seth. "And how are you two lovebirds doing?" he said. "Still dating?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course we are," I said. "Now get your arm off of me!" I shoved and smacked his arm away.

Dylan snickered as the bell rang. We walked to our classes.

 ---

"Hey are you all going to Cayden's bonfire tonight?" Alexis asked me and Amy giddily.

"Yup," me and Amy said at the same time.

"Do you know who all is going?" Amy asked.

She shrugged. "I don't know. I'm guessing his friends?"

"Which is Dylan and his dorky friends," I said as Seth sat down at the lunch table.

"Hey I'm not dorky," Seth said and laughed. "Well maybe a little but not that much."