Chapter 20

{Song in video: Sum 41 - In Too Deep}

The next few weeks of school were kind of weird. Clarissa, Yasmin, and Melody walked together without Addison. Since Addison was no longer popular, people either paid no attention to her or actually said mean stuff to her. One thing with Clarissa's clique is that if you messed with Clarissa or any one of her friends or family, then she can turn the whole school against you. She wasn't one of those typical controlling mean popular girls but she can be one when something came up.

What was also weird is that Amy is still acting secretive about something but me and Alexis can't figure out what it is. We figured it probably involved some guy she likes or something.

"It's so weird how someone can be popular and liked by the whole school for years and then all of a sudden become unpopular and no one cares about them anymore. Must be an extreme change," Alexis said while painting her toenails pink. It was Clarissa's nail polish but this time we had permission to use it. We were hanging out at my house.

"Yup, that's why it's worthless to be popular just so everyone can be fake with each other," Amy said, getting a scoop of cookie dough and eating it. "I wouldn't want that."

"Definitely wouldn't either," I said, also eating cookie dough. "Besides, who cares who's popular? Just have friends and don't worry about people's business."

Amy stood up and walked away. "Where are you going?" Alexis inquired.

"To the bathroom," Amy paused and replied, giving her the 'duh' look. She continued to walk and went out of my room.

"I'm going to go look for Infamous First Light," I said. "We can play it when I find it." I got up and looked around my room to find the video game. After searching for the past few minutes, I said, "I can't find it...Oh wait it's probably in Dylan's room." Me and Alexis walked out of my room and barged into Dylan's room. What I saw completely shocked and disturbed me, him and Amy were kissing each other.

"What the..." I said but I couldn't even finish my sentence because I was that shocked.

Dylan and Amy were just as surprised too. "It's not what it looks like," Amy said.

"Really? It looks like you two were having a make out session." I crossed my arms and then turned to me. "That's why you've been acting weird. I knew something was up."

"I'm sorry, Ky. I didn't know how to tell you..." She fiddled with her thumbs and winced.

"How long has this been going on?"

"Almost a month," Dylan said.

He put his arm around Amy but she smacked his arm away. "Not now Dylan," Amy said, gritting her teeth.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not dealing with this right now." I walked back into my room.

"Ky, are you okay? I'm sorry if it's weird to you, that's why I was being secretive about it. I knew it would make everything weird and I just wanted to find the right time to tell you-"

"I'm not mad, just really shocked. I don't really want to think of it right now because I'm already feeling a headache from this," I said. "I mean really, Dylan? I don't know how this even happened." I made a disgusted face.

"I don't know either." She chuckled. "I'm still your friend; I just hope this won't be too weird for you."

I sighed. "It's just a lot for me to take in."

Amy turned to Alexis. "Are you okay, Alexis? You haven't said a word..."

Alexis' face was blank but then she snapped back to reality. "Yeah I'm okay," she said. "I'm just shocked too I guess. Are you two dating?"