Chapter 4

{Character in picture: Cameron Boyce as Jared Kennedy}

{Song in video: Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life}

I was watching The Flash on a Sunday afternoon and then I got hungry so I went downstairs to eat lunch. Dylan and Clarissa were also at the dining table.

"I'm going to need at least one of you kids to babysit Madeline later today," my mom said.

"Can't...Jason is going to pick me up any minute now. Sorry," Clarissa said while putting lipstick on and looking into her compact mirror.

"I can't either. I'm going over to Cayden's," Dylan said as he walked out the door. "Later!"

"Well I guess it's only you," my mom said to me. "Jared is at the park with his friends right now."

"I'll look after her," I said. I didn't have any plans anyway.

"Thank you so much sweetie. That means a lot." She smiled. "I'm going to get ready." She went upstairs.

I went to Madeline's room. "Hey," I said as I walked in. "Looks like I'll be the one who's babysitting you today."

Madeline was playing with her dolls. "What about Clarissa?" she asked, not breaking eye contact from it.

"She's going to be out with Jason all day." I knew Madeline preferred Clarissa babysitting her because they were both girly. She'd put makeup on her face and let her dress up and put on her heels. "I want you to think about what you want to do later and we'll do it, even if it includes makeovers and playing dolls." I smiled.

"Really?" her face lit up. "We'll dress up, have makeovers, and have a tea party with the dollies!" She beamed.

"Okay that sounds like fun!" I grinned at her and walked back into my room.

A few hours later, I went downstairs and my mom and dad were dressed formal.

"You two are looking spiffy," I complimented.

"Thanks," my dad said. "Thank you Kyler for doing this."

"We'll be back around midnight probably," my mom said.

"We'll see you later! Call us if there's an emergency."

They walked out of the door.

I turned to Madeline. "Looks like it's just you and me. What do you want to do first?" I asked.

"We'll change the dollies clothes to fancy dresses!" Madeline grinned.

"Awesome!"

We went into Madeline's room and sat on the floor.

I took the clothes off of one of the dolls and put a red dress on it.

"Oh no that's Princess Clara," Madeline spoke up. "She always wears pink. Here give her this." She handed me the doll's long pink dress.

"Oh okay," I said and redressed the doll.

After getting the dolls ready, Madeline gave me a "makeover." While she put pink glittery eyeshadow on my eyes, I heard the doorbell ring. "I'll be back in a minute," I told her and went down the stairs.

I opened the door and saw Seth standing there. "Oh! Come on in!" I said, looking surprised.

"That's a new look for you," Seth said and grinned.

"Oh uh I was actually babysitting Madeline. She was giving me a makeover," I said and felt my cheeks burn.

"Oh okay." He slightly chuckled. "Is Dylan here by any chance? That's why I came by."