Chapter 11

{Character in picture: Sterling Knight as Cayden Miles}

{Song in video: No Doubt - Just A Girl}

I got in the backseat of the car and Dylan got in the driver's seat. Clarissa got a ride from Jason. Even though Dylan was extremely annoying, I could tolerate riding with him better than riding with Clarissa, just because of her music choices. That Paris Hilton song was seriously the last straw. I'm never going to ride in a car with her driving ever again, unless I absolutely had to.

Dylan drove to Seth's house on the way to school so he could pick him up. Hey, I didn't mind that at all.

Seth got out of his house and waved to us. He opened the door of the backseat and sat inside.

"You know you could sit up here bro," Dylan said to him. "I'm not picking anyone else up."

"No it's okay. I'll sit back here for today," Seth said and smiled at me.

I smiled at him back and blushed. "Hey," I said to him.

"Hey," Seth said.

"Ugh that's disgusting," Dylan spoke up. "You two can't date! It's weird."

Seth rolled his eyes. "Just like I said yesterday, there's no official rule that says you can't date your best friend's siblings."

"There is a rule. It's called guy code."

I burst out laughing. "Guy code? I knew there was something called girl code but I don't even understand that crap," I said.

Dylan gave me an annoyed look. "Yes there's guy code just as there's also a girl code," he said.

"That's stupid."

"I think I know why you're uncomfortable with us dating," Seth said. "It's because you're afraid that I will hurt Kyler. Bro, I promise you I will never hurt her. You can count on me."

"Pfft it's not that," Dylan scoffed.

"Then what is it?"

"It's just weird!"

I rolled my eyes. "Great logical explanation, Dylan," I said sarcastically.

As soon as Dylan parked the car at school, I quickly got my bag and got out. Dylan walked over to the building without saying another word.

Me and Seth walked together towards the building. My face lit up. "Hey I think I came up with some ways to get Dylan back," I said, smiling.

"Really? Like what?" Seth said, smiling and looking amused.

"I'm going to get his phone and change it to a Paris Hilton song."

Seth chuckled. "Well...uh...that's quite random but okay then."

"Yeah...Yesterday I rode with Clarissa to school and she played some Paris Hilton song and it was awful. Her and her friends were singing along and I was basically tortured. That song was stuck in my head the rest of the day. Seriously, Madeline has better taste in music than her."

"That sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through that." He chuckled again and put his hands in his pockets. "Oh and during lunch maybe we can put pepper or something in his drink."

I grinned. "Sounds perfect!"

The bell rang and we went to our classes.

  ---

When we got to music class, I told Amy and Alexis, "Hey let's sit behind Dylan and his friends this time."

Amy gave me a weird look. "Why?" she asked.