Chapter 21

{Characters in picture: Kristin Davis as Donna Walker & Paul Rudd as John Walker (Mrs. & Mr. Walker)}

{Song in video: Atrium - Alive}

I looked at the time and it was already a few minutes past 5. I'm not sure what you're supposed to wear when you meet your boyfriend's parents but I decided to just wear what I normally wear, a plain black t-shirt, blue jeans, and black and white converse shoes. I put on foundation, black eyeliner, and even pink lip gloss, which I rarely put on but I wanted to look a little nicer for a good first impression. I decided to just wear my hair down, like the usual. I admit I was a little nervous since I have no idea how his parents act like.

I grabbed my keys and went downstairs.

"You're meeting Seth's parents, right?" my mom asked as I was walking to the front door.

I stopped walking. "Yeah," I said.

She gave me a small smile. "I'm sure his parents will be nice since he's a polite young man. Don't be too nervous."

"I am a little but I'm sure they'll be nice too."

"Well I don't want to hold you up. Have fun!"

"Okay, bye!" I walked out the door, went into the car, and drove off. About fifteen minutes later, I parked my car in Seth's driveway and got out of the car. I took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. "Hey," Seth said, grinning as he opened the door. "Come on in."

I went inside and saw his parents walking toward us. "Hello you must be Kyler," a woman who looked to be in her mid-40s, who I believed was Seth's mom, said. She had wavy dark brown hair and a warm smile on her face. She was very pretty.

"Hey," I said, smiling. "Yes I'm Kyler."

"I'm Seth's mom, Donna." She paused for a moment. "Seth was right; you're very cute and pretty!"

Seth's face flushed and he nervously scratched his hair. "Mooom," he mumbled.

"Hey, I'm Seth's dad, John," John said to me. He had dark brown hair and hypnotizing green eyes. I admit he's a lot cuter than other dads his age. He also seemed pretty fit too.

"Hey," I said, grinning. "I can see where Seth gets his good looks from." My eyes widened right after I realized what I just said. I just accidentally flirted with my boyfriend's dad. Just great.

John chuckled. "Thank you."

I quickly turned to Donna. "I can see he gets good looks from you too. I didn't mean to say it in a weird way-"

"Oh honey, it's just fine," Donna said, laughing. "We all know you're just being friendly. Now let's go eat some dinner. The food's all ready." As we walked to the kitchen, I smelled a good aroma from the food. We got plates and put the lemon chicken and asparagus on our plates.

"So Kyler, what do you like doing?" John asked. "Don't worry, we're not trying to interrogate you. We just want to get to know you a little." We chuckled.

I waited to swallow my food before I said anything, which I usually don't do but this occasion was a little different. "Skateboarding, roller skating, bike riding, basically most sports," I replied, taking another bite of the food.

Donna smiled. "You remind me of me when I was younger. I was a tomboy too, probably still am. I loved sports and climbing trees."

I raised my eyebrows. "Really?"

She nodded. "Mhm. I hardly wore any makeup until after I got married, but as you can see, I don't put a lot of it on."

"I'm sort of the same. I don't actually wear lip gloss that often and every once in a while I'll wear eyeliner. My best friends make me try on makeup sometimes."

We laughed. "What grade are you in?"

"11th."

"I thought I told you, mom," Seth said.

"I know you did but I just wanted to make sure I didn't forget." She smiled.

We were talking more and it turns out me and Seth's mom had a lot of things in common. She also loves 90s and early 2000s rock music and showed us a few video tapes of the concerts they have went to. She told me that she was a Derby girl in high school and occasionally still roller skates. She worked as a nurse at the hospital and Seth's dad was an engineer. Seth's dad kind of reminded me of my dad because their personalities were similar, laid-back and funny. I'm pretty sure they would get along.

Before I knew it, time flew by very quickly. I looked at the time and it was already a little past ten.

"Before you go, what is your shoe and roller skate size?" Donna asked me.

"Size six," I replied, feeling a little confused about the random question.

"I only asked because I want you to have these," Donna said to me, handing me a pair of old green roller skates. "I can't fit in these anymore and it took me forever to find someone who can wear these."

"Oh wow...um thanks." I smiled and took the roller skates. "These look awesome."

She smiled. "Yeah I wore those suckers back in my Derby days. As far as I know, they're still in pretty good shape." We went silent for a few seconds. "Well I don't want to hold you up. I'm sure your parents are expecting you to be back at a certain time."

"Yeah...on school nights I have to be back by 10:30." I paused. "It was nice meeting you two. I had a great time." I smiled.

"It was nice meeting you too," John said, smiling back.

"You're welcomed here anytime," Donna said. She turned to Seth. "You have better taste in girls now. I'm so glad you two are together."

I couldn't help but laugh. If I had to guess what they meant, then I would think she met Addison back when Seth dated her and his mom didn't care much for her. Seth's parents were freakin' awesome.

Seth blushed. "I'm glad we're together too," he said, smiling.

Donna nudged John. "Well we're going to let you two kiss each other goodnight and all that good stuff," she said and they went to their room.

Seth's face flushed and he groaned. "I'm sorry that my mom can be embarrassing sometimes," he said. "I love her dearly but she can make things awkward sometimes."

I chuckled. "I like her a lot. She's really chill, kind of reminds me of me," I said.

"Yeah I know. I even told her that earlier."

"Your parents are awesome. Your dad reminds me of my dad in some ways. They're both laidback and funny."

He thought of it for a moment. "I can see where you're coming from."

We got closer to each other and kissed. When we pulled away, I said, "Well I should get going. Don't want to be late for curfew."

He opened the door and led me outside. "I'll see you later," he said. "I'm glad you were able to come by the way. I was worried you would think it's weird that my parents wanted to meet you." He smiled.

"I'm glad I came and I don't think that's weird, I think it's sweet. I never actually met any of my ex-boyfriend's parents. It's nice that I was finally able to." I smiled back. We gave each other a peck on the lips and I went in the car, waving to him as I was driving home.

**********

A/N: Kyler met Seth's parents and it went extremely well! :) Turns out Kyler and Seth's mom have quite a lot in common.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT