Chapter 17

{Characters in picture: Lauren Cardellini as Michelle Kennedy & Ben Stiller as Rob Kennedy (Mrs. & Mr. Kennedy)}

{Song in video: Everlife - Find Yourself In You}

"You baked muffins?" Seth asked in disbelief as we walked to the cafeteria, holding hands.

"Yup," I said, laughing. "I can't believe it myself. You can even ask Alexis and Amy if you want."

"I will." We got in line for lunch and got chicken sandwiches with smiley fries. When we walked back to our table, I saw Addison at a table next to us making out with Cody, yes my ex-boyfriend. I almost dropped my tray out of shock. I didn't have feelings for Cody anymore but it just threw me off balance for a second there. While still in mid-make out, they glanced at us to see our reaction. I looked over at Seth who seemed like he could care less.

"You two's exes are making out right behind you," Dylan said while snickering. He turned to Seth. "Dude, Addison must want you bad."

Seth rolled his eyes. "I guess so but I don't want her," he said. "I have Kyler now." He smiled and put his arm around me.

I didn't even know that Addison knew who my ex was. I wonder how she found out. "She's just trying to get to us," I said. "That's weird that she's making out with Cody, my ex-boyfriend. How did she even find out about him?"

Dylan shrugged. "Probably Clarissa," he said, taking a bite of a smiley fry.

Alexis and Cayden walked up to us and sat down. They both saw Addison and Cody and had uncomfortable looks on their faces. "Are you okay?" Alexis mouthed to me, giving me a sympathetic look.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine," I mouthed back.

Amy came up to us a few minutes later. She made a disgusted face as soon as she saw Addison and Cody. "Ew what the hell. Get a room!" she exclaimed, throwing a smiley fry at them. What a perfectly good waste of a smiley fry.

They stopped making out and Addison glared. "Mind your own business!" she hissed.

"How can we when you're making it everyone's business?" She raised an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes and turned to Cody. "Come on, let's go." They stood up and walked away while holding hands.

"It's about time. I was starting to lose my appetite," Dylan said.

"Anything to help everyone eat in peace," Amy said, smiling at Dylan.

Cayden turned to Dylan. "Hey man, heard your parents are going out of town this weekend," he said with a huge grin on his face.

I knew what he was thinking. "No Cayden, we're not throwing a party," I said.

"How did you know I was going to say that? Maybe I was going to say that you all could play as much video games as you want." He smirked.

"We already play as much video games as we want so that doesn't make any sense to say that."

"Whatever. You know what I mean." It was hilarious to argue with Cayden, especially when he ran out of things to say. He made a funny looking pouty face whenever he got offended.

I imitated his face. "Aw is someone grumpy?" Everyone at the table laughed.

Amy got up from the table. "Hey...I'll see you guys later. I have to um...finish something in class," she said, looking slightly nervous.

Me and Alexis glanced and shot each other a look. "Okay, see you later," I said casually. She gave us a smile and quickly walked away.

Clarissa, Yasmin, and Melody came over to our table. I noticed most people in the cafeteria were looking at all of us since Clarissa and her clique were so popular. "Have you all seen Addison?" Clarissa asked us.