Chapter 5

{Character in picture: Maya Irene Wada as Madeline Kennedy}

{Song in video: Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)}

"Awww Seth kissed your hand?!" Alexis shrieked and grinned after I told her and Amy about what happened when me and Seth babysat Madeline.

"Shhh! What if someone hears you?" I hissed at her. We were talking to each other during lunch at our usual table.

"I wonder if he likes you," Amy said and had a thoughtful look on her face.
"Why do you think that?"

Amy gave me a look. "Are you serious? Okay Kyler think about it. He helped you babysit your little sister even though he came over to hang out with Dylan. Why would a guy hang out with his best friend's younger sister?"

"He stayed to help me find Madeline when she got lost. Any nice person would do that." I crossed my arms.

"True but he also stayed even after you two found her. I mean seriously he joined a 5 year old girls' tea party for crying out loud! He wouldn't do that if it was Clarissa or Jared babysitting Madeline. Heck I don't even think he would stick around after that if Dylan was babysitting."

"You should take this quiz online," Alexis showed me her phone. The quiz said 'Does he like you?' She took the phone back. "Oh and also this." She showed me another website that said 'How to tell if a guy likes you.'

I gave her a look. "Are you serious? I'm not taking a dumb little girly quiz. This is real life," I said.

"It's not just a dumb little girly quiz, Ky, look at the comments."

I looked at the comments. Apparently a lot of girls were happy with the results and think it's highly accurate. "So? That's still not going to convince me."

She sighed and grabbed her phone.

"By the way, my cousin Melody will be moving into town," I said.

Amy raised an eyebrow. "The one that went to juvie?" she blurted out.

"Yeah..."

"Oh cool! I liked her."

"When will she be moving?" Alexis asked.

"I'm not sure but probably next week or something," I replied.

"She can join our squad!" Amy said.

All of a sudden, Cayden came and joined our table.

"Ugh not you," I said and made a disgusted face.

He squinted his eyes at me. "I didn't come to talk to you. I came to talk to Alexis," he said.

Alexis blushed. "What do you need to talk to me about?" She looked into his eyes and smiled.

Cayden's face flushed and he scratched the back of his head. "Um...can we talk somewhere more private?"

"Sure." They got up.

Me and Amy gave each other a look.

"He's definitely going to ask her out," Amy said.

I groaned. "Oh please no."

"No?"

"Trust me you don't know Cayden like I do. He's so obnoxious and...UGH."

"I know he can be a bit obnoxious but I think they would look cute together. Besides he needs Alexis' help. He needs maturing."

I sighed. "Yeah I guess..."