Chapter 10

{Character in picture: Vanessa Morgan as Yasmin Mitchell}

{Song in video: Blink-182 - First Date}

I put on a black t-shirt, black leather jacket, blue jeans, and black flats. I put on dark eyeshadow on my eyes and wore pink lip gloss.

The doorbell rang and I nervously walked to the front door. Maybe I'm overdoing it with the makeup, I don't want to seem desperate. Should I wipe off my makeup? No I shouldn't do that...

Dylan already the front door. "Hey I didn't know you were stopping by," Dylan said.

"I'm not...I'm here for Kyler actually," Seth said.

"Hey Seth!" I called out and grinned.

Dylan glanced back and forth between the two of us. "Are you two...? Oh no. No, no, no this isn't happening," he said. "Please someone say something before I assume something that shouldn't be assumed..."

I guess Cayden didn't tell Dylan after all.

"What are you assuming, Dylan?" Seth asked, trying not to laugh.

"Uh...well I'm assuming you two are going out on a date which is crazy I know-"

"We are."

Dylan's mouth dropped and his eyes widened. "You what?"

"We're going on a date," I said.

"Ugh no. You two can't do that!"

I shot him a weird look. "And why not?"

"Because...Seth is one of my best friends...and you're my younger sister..."

"So?"

"Best friends don't date their best friends' siblings."

"Really Dylan? What rule says that?" Seth said.

"It's not an official rule but-"

"We've got to go. I'll see you later man." He walked out the door.

I laughed, waved bye to Dylan, and left.

We went in Seth's car.

"We're going to Fujiyama...if that's okay with you of course," Seth said.

"Yeah that's fine! It's the Japanese Steakhouse right?" I said.

"Yeah. Have you ever ate there before?"

I nodded. "A few times with my family. I love Japanese food."

He smiled a little. "Cool."

A few minutes later, we got there. We went inside and sat down at a table.

"Any drinks to get you started?" The waitress asked us.

"Yes I'll have Lemonade," I said.

"I'll have that too," Seth said and laughed nervously.

We both looked into our menus.

The waitress came back with our drinks a few minutes later. "Would you two be interested in having the Love Bridge?" she asked us.

Me and Seth's face flushed. "Um...what exactly is that?" Seth asked.

"It's a plate of 9 pieces of sushi, 10 pieces of sashimi, and 2 rolls. It's for 2 people to share of course."

Seth looked at me. "Would you be interested in that?"

"Sure...if you are..." I replied.

He smiled. "We'll have the Love Bridge then."

"Okay cool," the waitress said while writing down notes.

The chef came by our table and started cooking our food in front of us.

"This is awesome," I said while watching the flames. "I've seen this a few times but it still fascinates me."

"I know right? I think it's pretty fascinating too," Seth said. "So Dylan..."

"Yeah..." I started laughing. "He's a weirdo."

"He sure is." Seth laughed and then stopped. "But I still think what he did a few days ago was not cool. I walked in literally like seconds before you came in his room. If I were there earlier I'd stop him from spying on you all."

"It's okay. I mean I'm still mad at him but I'm just going to get him back."

Seth's eyes widened. "You are? Can I join you?"

I laughed. "Yeah sure. I still need to think of what I'll do though."

"Whatever it is, it'll be fun." He grinned.

"Oh it will be. I'm surprised you want to help me though. Isn't he one of your best friends?"

"Yeah but sometimes best friends need to be taught a lesson."

"We'll show him a lesson alright. We'll show him...Kennedy style!" We high-fived and laughed.

"Um by the way Kyler...You look very pretty..." He looked all nervous again, brushing his hair back.

"Thanks." I blushed and grinned.

"Your food is now ready," The chef said and handed us our food on a long plate.

We took a few bites out of the food. "Mmm this is great," I said, with my mouth full of sushi.

"This sushi is amazing, thank you," Seth said to the chef. The chef smiled and bowed to us.

We ate almost all of the food, except for a few pieces of sushi and sashimi left.

"You can take it home if you want," Seth said.

"Oh...okay I will then...thanks," I said and smiled.

I got out money to pay for my meal, but Seth said, "It's okay, I'll pay for both of us." He gave me a smile.

"Oh okay thanks." I smiled back.

I got a to-go box and then we got back in Seth's car. When he got back to my house, I said, "This was a fantastic first date. Thank you Seth." I grinned at him as I got out of the car.

He got out too. "You're welcome Kyler. It really was great. I'd like to do that again sometime." He gave me a shy smile and looked at the ground.

"Yeah I'd like that too." I went up to him and gave him a hug, he hugged me back. "I'll see you later. Bye." We waved at each other and I went into my house.

**********

A/N: What do you think of Seth and Kyler's first date?

Have you all ever been to a Japanese steakhouse, where they cook in front of you? Unfortunately, I haven't but I'd love to go! 

Also, Seth and Kyler planning revenge on Dylan...hehehe... >:D