Chapter 9

{Character in picture: Sasha Jackson as Addison Rockwell}

{Song in video: Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight}

For the past few days, I managed to avoid Seth, even during music class. Dylan got a ride from Cayden and I had to ride with Clarissa and her friends to school.

I leaned back in my seat and groaned while Clarissa, Melody, Addison, and Yasmin were singing along to "Love At First Sight" by Kylie Minogue. I wasn't much into girly pop music.

The next song that came on was "Nothing In This World" by Paris Hilton. I could tolerate Clarissa's other songs but this song was the absolute worst. I made a disgusted face and covered my ears while the rest of them happily sang along to it. Kill me now.

As soon as Clarissa slowed down into the school parking lot, I grabbed my bag and jumped out of the car.

"Kyler what are you doing?" Clarissa snapped.

"Getting the hell out of that car filled with crappy Paris Hilton music," I replied.

She opened her mouth to say something but I walked away before she did.

I walked over to Alexis and Amy. I must have looked annoyed or something because Amy said, "Someone looks pissed."

I softened my face. "Oh sorry I didn't know I made a face. It's just that I had to ride in a car with Clarissa and her friends and they were singing along to Paris Hilton," I explained.

Amy gave me a confused look. "Paris Hilton sings?" she asked.

"Yeah...As soon as she turned into the school's parking lot, I got my stuff and sort of jumped out of the car."

"You jumped out of the car?" Alexis said and her eyes widened.

"Yup." I chuckled.

Cayden came up to us. "Hey Lexi," Cayden said to her and put a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Hey Cayden," Alexis said and gazed into his eyes.

Lexi? Since when did he call her that?

They kept looking and grinning at each other. "Barf," I muttered to myself and Amy nudged me. I didn't realize that she heard that.

"Did you know Paris Hilton sings?" Alexis asked him.

Cayden gave her a confused look. "No...She does?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Huh...interesting..."

"If you want to hear her songs just ride with Clarissa in the car. She'll show you," I said to him.

Cayden burst out laughing. "She played songs by Paris Hilton and you were in the car?"

"Unfortunately."

"Man I would have paid to see the look on your face! I would have loved to see that."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you would."

"Now I know what to do." He smirked.

I wonder what that means. Before I could say anything further, he turned back to Alexis and they started talking about different things.

---

I walked into music class with my head down so I wouldn't make any eye contact with Seth. I sat at my usual spot, next to Amy and Alexis.

"Hey Kyler," Seth said and sat by me.

"Hi," I said awkwardly.

Seth opened his mouth to say something, but thankfully Mrs. Moore started class so he had to go back to his spot.