Prologue

You never really appreciate something until you've lost it. The same goes for me. Losing my sight felt like the end of the world - the end of my world. Plunged into darkness without any warning made me realize how unfair fate could be. It was as if I was now all alone in a dark room with no one to help me escape from the monsters that hid in the shadows.

Of course I had my parents. They helped and supported me as I was only a child and scared to death. Yet, soon they too were gone. Just like my sight. Now alone and wandering the woods blindly, (literally), and with nowhere to go, I prayed that the rogues that had attacked my pack and killed my family didn't come for me next. As I trudged alone, a heavy darkness hovered over my head. Heck, black was the only thing that I could see. Yet I clung to the hope of living. I clung to it so hard I felt all my other senses heighten. And that's when it happened.

My world suddenly had color again.

I was so ecstatic to see something other than black, the darkness that had taken over my life. What I didn't notice at first was how everything seemed to emanate a soft glow, comforting me in its brilliance.

That's when I noticed my surroundings. I couldn't see objects, but instead see only their color or auras in other words. I never knew this until I was older years later and I continued to learn many more things about my gift. Or gifts I could say.

I didn't die in that forest that night. Instead I got out with a new determination and that was to become stronger to help the weak.

And that's how my story began.