Chapter 36: Kei Valancia

Another beautiful cover was sent in to me made by @_DEMiiGODDESS_. Thank you for making it and showing it to me!!

~~~~~~~~~

"Stay here," Ryker commanded. I let out a breath and fought my old habits of trying to rebel.

"Okay." He stopped and stared at me.

"You're not going to argue?" I shrugged and held my knees close to my chest.

"I would be more of a nuisance then help. I'm too weak still and I know when to back down sometimes." I smiled a little. He came over and kissed me on the forehead.

"Don't worry, I'll get that bastard for you." He gave me one last look as if seeing my face for the last time before turning and leaving.

I sat quietly, the sounds of snarling now piercing the air.

Did you miss me?

I clenched my hands into tight fists. I got out of the bed and looked out the window facing the backyard. About fifty wolves stood snarling at the lone man in front of the tree line, his tuff of brown hair neat and slicked back. He wore a dark red suit that look freshly ironed and he kept his hands behind his back.

Even from this distance I saw him look up at me and smile. I of course flipped him off in response. He seemed to be amused by my behavior and his smile widened, his canines gleaming. I shivered at the sight and spotted Ryker's form come through the sea of wolves. He took slow deliberate strides, and I prayed to the goddess that she keep him safe.

When he was standing just a couple yards did he finally stop. I saw Leon's mouth move as he spoke but they were too far away to hear. The two men talked for what seemed like a decade, Ryker seemingly keeping his cool. However I couldn't see his facial features as he was turned away from me.

We need to go down there, Rei suddenly said.

"We do?"

Yes. Now hurry, Ryker is in danger.

Even with a small army of wolves I knew that she was right. You cannot trust the devil himself even if you had the best warriors by your side. I looked down at my attire and shook my head. No time to worry about my wardrobe choices. I opened the window and looked below.

I was on the third floor and the grass looked ominous for the first time. But I will admit, it was a beautiful bright green. Maybe the lushness of it will help break my fall. Probably not.

Taking in a deep breath, I crouched in the window sill and looked up to see the two talking, Ryker now looking more agitated.

My eyes scanned the woods and I swore I saw the sun glint off of something. It was just a nanosecond but I swore I saw it.

So much for staying put, I thought before I jumped. The wind whipped my hair and the ground began to rush up at me like a fist.

This is going to hurt,

Just as I landed I bent my knees to absorb the impact and I rolled. I kept my head tucked in and ended up on my back. I stared at the sky for one dazed moment, thinking that it was such a beautiful blue before snapping out of it.

Right, I'll have time to look at it later.

Standing, it seemed like I had caught the attention of the nearby wolves and I held my finger in front my lips in a quiet motion. They still gave me curious looks but went back to listening to the two men. Honestly, its a miracle that they didn't hear me almost fall to my death.