Chapter 23: Kei Valancia

Being kidnapped was probably the most cliché thing to happen. Being kidnapped while sleeping is just too predictable in my opinion. But it happened and I will forever feel the shame of it.

"Come in here you rat faced psycho! I think we need to have a little chat." Nothing. No response whatsoever. Sighing, I slid down the concrete wall.

When I had woken up, I couldn't get a visual of the room at all. Not even a little spark of power would come. So I had to explore everything by hand, finding out that I was in a box like concrete room with no windows. I had felt ridges that indicated a steel door but found no door knob. I also couldn't tell if there was a light on and it didn't really matter anyway. However there was the mattress that I was currently lying on and that was about it. Nothing else occupied the room except for me and my humiliation of being taken.

Don't forget we're still in heat also. I groaned and thumped my head against the wall.

"Don't remind me. I really don't want to think about being burned from the inside at the moment."

It's going to happen whether we want it to or not.

"I know, I know. But it's like pushing junk under the bed and then forgetting it's there until something starts stinking and then you actually have to deal with it."

So in other words, you're going to push it under the bed until it starts burning.

"Bingo! It's no use worrying about it now if it's not bothering anyone." I heard her laugh.

Whatever you say.

"Besides, we have another problem that we need to be worrying about. For example, our crazy captor." Her sigh resonated through my head.

There's nothing we can do without our powers.

"You make it sound like we can't fight without them. We've trained how to fight for years for when the time like this came."

You're right. I'm sorry.

"No need to apologize. It does seem kind of bleak," I chuckled to myself. "But don't worry, we have enough skill to kick some butt." This is how it went for hours, or maybe it was minutes. My sense of time was just horrible. Rei and I chatted about everything and nothing, trying to keep our minds off of what we really wanted to think about. I was lying flat on my back, staring up at the ceiling. Or the blackness that was supposed to be the ceiling anyway.

"I'm so bored," I huffed.

Maybe you shouldn't be kidnapped.

"It's not like I was asking to be! Going into heat sucks out a lot of strength and you know that. It's only natural that I take a little nap." I heard her scoff.

You were out like a light.

"Fine," I mumbled. "I was tired and not even the sound of the world ending would have woken me up."

Yeah I could tell. I was the one trying to fight them off.

"Okay, yeah I'm lame." I sighed and shut my eyes, not like it made any difference. I made my mind absolutely blank when I felt the invasive tendrils poke into my mind.

What are you hiding, darling? A man's voice broke the emptiness of my thoughts.

Nothing that concerns you that's for sure, I replied coolly. His chuckle sent chills through me.

You seem to have grown beautifully. Physically and emotionally. The way how you keep up that icy persona to protect what you're really thinking is just delightful dear.