Chapter 10: Ryker Dare

"How am I supposed to deal with this?" I let out a loud grunt as I punched the punching bag with violent swings.

Just let her have her space for now, Axel sounded pretty calm given that we were just told to leave our mate alone.

"You know how alpha's get after they find their mate. Especially when she's going to go into heat any day now." I sent a roundhouse kick right into the bag, the chains groaning from the pressure. "And let's not even start about your possessiveness. Goddess only knows how long you'll last before marking her."

Alright. This situation is a bit more dire than I had hoped. I let out a scoff.

"This situation is a mess." With one final kick, the heavy sand filled bag broke from the chain and slammed against the concrete wall twenty feet away. I panted as I stood in the middle of the room, glaring at the floor.

It would be easier to just find her and mark her, Axel said with a huff. I let out a harsh laugh.

"See. Right there. That's the kind of idiotic thoughts that will get us in trouble."

Maybe she's mad that we're still a virgin.

"I don't think that's necessarily the case," I said dryly. I walked over to the bench pushed up against the wall, sitting down roughly. Sighing, I placed my elbows on my knees, leaning forward and entangling my hands in my hair. I was silent as I recalled the look in her unseeing eyes. In that moment, it was as if she was truly blind.

"She flinched away from me as if I was going to hurt her," I murmured, recalling the way her body recoiled from my touch.

Something bad has happened to our beautiful mate. It's only a matter of time before she tells us.

"Unless you go all crazy and demand answers from her." Axel made an annoyed snort.

I'm not the only one who would rather go claim her as ours already. I sat up and thwacked my head against the wall gently.

"No, I guess not," I muttered. I left Kei in her room alone for the rest of the day, sleeping in another room located on the side of the house. It was pure torture, knowing that I left Kei by herself but I was trying my hardest to follow her wishes. I sat in silence for a long time, not caring about anything in that moment. However, the peaceful moment was broken by the door slamming open.

"Alpha." I frowned before standing up.

"Clark. What's wrong?" His face was grave and I felt unease stir in my stomach.

"Alpha, three bodies were found just on the edge of the border." I didn't waste any time after that. Grabbing my t-shirt from the bench, I slipped it on and followed Clark.

"Rogues were reported being seen twenty minutes earlier at the same location. It became even more suspicious as they simply ran when they were spotted."

"Where are the bodies now?" We walked at a brisk pace through the halls, passing the door that was my mate's room. Some part of me, about ninety percent, wanted to stop and demand she tell me. However, the last ten percent was pure restraint that took all of my willpower. I deserved an applause from the Goddess herself.

"Alpha Hale had them brought into the infirmary to be examined," Clark reported. I nodded and we began our way towards the destination. We had finally stopped in front of an open doorway, the room inside a blinding white with beds lining the wall adjacent to the door.

Alpha Hale along with two other men stood before three beds occupied with the lifeless bodies. As I let my presence be known, the men stiffened and turned. They bowed their heads, other than Alpha Hale who inclined his head in respect.