Chapter 35: Ryker Dare

Kei hung her head, her right side of her face sticky with something that must have been blood.

"I'm sorry," she whispered brokenly. She fell to her knees and felt tears burn her eyes. "I am so, so sorry. I didn't want to do it." She choked back a sob and her small body shook.

A door suddenly opened behind her but she made no move to turn.

"You killed all of them." It was the man from earlier and this time he sounded pleased. "You are quite powerful. I was right in choosing you,"

All of the sudden, there were footsteps and he was right beside her. Kei continued looking blankly ahead, a dull lifeless grey filling her vision along with the decaying scent of death.

"You are so beautiful now. The vivid red of blood suits you very well." The feeling of his lips brushing against her ear made fury bubble inside me but I had to bury it deep inside so I wouldn't cause Kei anymore trouble.

The past Kei made no reaction towards him and instead stood. The man chuckled and must have stood also as she felt a body standing behind her.

"This is going to be your new life from now on. I'll teach you all you need to know,"

A hand gripped hers and began pulling her along. She stayed silent the whole time as she was pulled out of the metallic smell of blood and rotting death.

"You're going to love it here," he said in a sing song voice, "I have so many amazing plans for you. You'll begin training in two days after you've gotten some rest and food. You can also take this time to clean up. I can help you if-"

"No." It was abrupt and direct, cutting the man off effectively. He stopped and his demeanor changed.

"Did you just tell me no?" His tone held something of a careful deadliness, making Kei wary for her next words.

"I mean, no sir. I appreciate your offer but I like to be able to care for myself." He was silent for one long tense moment, his hand squeezing hers a little more tightly.

"Alright," he finally said, and began walking once more. He did not utter another word as he led Kei to whatever he was taking her, the greenish-yellow flickering around in the blackness being the only thing to see.

After another five minutes, he stopped.

"This is your room. Its too bad that you can't see it, it looks rather nice I think." He was now back to being chipper and he led her inside the room. "A nice Queen sized bed for the princess."

He let go of her hand but she just stood still.

"Go on, it won't bite," he encouraged. She still made no move but after a moment slowly lifted her hand. She began searching ahead of her until her hand touched something soft and silky. "Thats it. Doesn't it feel nice?" She nodded slowly.

"There's also a couch on the right side of your bed about four feet away. Lets go sit and have a little chat."

He took her hand once again, leading her to the couch. When they got there, she sat down. The man did the same, the cushion dipping from his weight. Kei could feel his arm wrap around her shoulders gently, seemingly trying to be soothing yet sent chills down her spine.