Chapter 33: Kei Valancia

The warm shower washing away my grossness was heaven.

Goddess, we stank so bad I'm not sure how Ryker put up with us, Rei said with disgust.

Maybe he secretly likes our stink, I said jokingly.

We should go dumpster diving then. Gotta keep our man his toes or else he'll find a stinkier woman.

I don't think that's going to happen.

How do you know? Ryker is a man, you can never be sure what he will be thinking, Rei concluded.

Why are you so weird?

Why aren't you weirder?

That's the thing, I'm usually the weird one and you're the semi-normal one in this relationship. What's going on?

I want to change places, she pouted. I sighed again but longer and thumped my head against the marble, and I mean marble, wall. And I could freaking see the black rock sparkle. It. Was. So. Cool.

There was suddenly a loud bang and for some weird reason I got into a karate pose. My arms were in front of me as if that would help in my present vulnerable state.

"Kei? Are you alright?" I dropped my arms and tried to cover everything below my neck.

"Yep. Everything's A-okay except that I'm naked and you are in the same room as me. Who is naked." He walked over just in front of the opaque glass, his blurred figure dark against the light. The water pounded into my back and I kept my eyes on his every move. I saw his blurry arm lift and his hand grab the edge of the glass sliding door.

"I swear, if you open that door I will karate chop you," I threatened. It seemed to have work though as he did freeze.

"You're so adorable when you threaten me," was all he said before yanking the door open. I squealed and jumped back.

"What in the actual heck? Ryker I'm too white. If you stare at me for too long I'll burn your retinas." He didn't say anything but stare. I felt my whole body flush as his gaze crept slowly down and back up again, taking in every detail.

"You didn't say that when we first met," he said, his voice hoarse.

"That was before I saw I was whiter than paper." He took a step inside the shower, his jeans getting soaked and water droplets ran down his golden chest.

"Do you think I would really care if you were the colors of the rainbow?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"I will admit, that sounds cool." He took another step, getting closer with every move.

"The point is Kei, it doesn't matter what color you are, I will love you as if the world depends on it."

He had took small steps towards me until his chest was pushed against mine and my breath hitched in my throat. He looked down at me with hooded eyes, his hair sticking to his forehead. I reached up and pushed it away to get a clearer view of his twinkling eyes. He wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me closer until there was no space between us and used the the other to trail his hand up my bare spine. His fingers lightly traces the path and the feeling sent shivers up my spine.

He bent down and whispered in my ear, "Cold?"

"Yes, yes I am." And I was. The water had gone into arctic mode all of the sudden and me butt naked was not going to provide much warmth. Goosebumps dotted my skin and I shivered again. Yet, I gripped the hair at his nape and pulled him down for a kiss. Because why not? I might be cold, but kissing Ryker heated me until I felt too hot. I hardly noticed when Ryker searched until he found what he was looking for, turning the water off. He cupped his hands around my face and used his body to push me against the wall.