Chapter 9: Kei Valancia

Color Manual

Yellow - curiosity

Copper Brown - fear

Pale Turquoise - relief

Red - anger

~~~~~~~~~~

I ignored the angry growls and screams of Rei inside my head. Instead, I focused on the task at hand.

"Everyone stop." I yelled. Everybody heeded my demand and slumped to the ground, panting hard. The only one who didn't seem winded was Mark who strolled over to me.

"What happened with you and the Alpha King?" I shrugged and scanned over the array of colors spread across the yard.

"He and I had a little tiff. Let's just say we won't be conversing much for a while." I saw him become yellow with curiosity and I decided to ignore it and continued today's training. I gathered them all into groups of two and had them begin fighting, 'watching' with a critical eye.

"Laci, keep your arms up more! Garett quicker steps." I watched their auras outline their bodies, putting all of my focus and power into every detail as they fought. Their black forms were the only things I could see as their bright colors illuminated the air around them.

"How can she even tell what we're doing?" I heard a boy mutter. Turning my gaze in his direction, he became silent almost immediately.

"Harold Jay, come here." I noticed him stay rooted in his spot for one moment before coming towards me with slow steps, delaying the inevitable. I let out a quiet sigh before speeding up the process. I used my freaky speed and sprinted in a quick burst, gripping his arm while twisting it behind his back. He let out a cry of surprise and pain before I pushed him down unto his knees.

"Now my Harold boy, when I say to come here, I expect you to be in front of me as if the hellhounds were on your heels. Not this slow poke crap 'cause in a real battle, you can't afford to be a freaking turtle or you'll be dead. Of course, there is always a chance that you'll get caught and tortured." His fear was almost more palpable than what I could see of the coppery brown emotion.

"So Harold," I leaned down so I could whisper in his ear, "Test my patience again, I dare you." With a smirk I pulled away and let him go. Immediately he scrambled to his feet and began backing away.

"Y-yes," he stuttered. I gave him one lasting stare before nodding. His aura was a deep coppery brown, but was now filling with the color of a pale turquoise. He better feel relieved that I let him easily off the hook. Usually I was more strict but I felt that the boy was scared enough. For now at least. Clapping my hands, I made everyone look at me.

"Now on that note, please continue on training." Groans erupted around me but the familiar thuds filled the air once more.

"You're such a demon," Mark teased me. One corner of my lips tilted up as I faced the group.

"I can't make you the best if I wasn't," I responded to him.

"That's true I suppose." I heard him chuckle before he went back to his own partner. I crossed my arms and began studying them all once more until two hours had passed before I nodded in satisfaction.

"Alright everyone! You're done for the day." Cheers and cries of relief made me chuckle and I was honestly surprised at everyone's quick learning skills. They're gonna be a formidable force if they keep going like this. Turning, I started to head back inside but stopped when the all too familiar silhouette of my mate filled the doorway leading back into the house.