Chapter 21: Kei Valancia

Was it totally horrible that I found Ryker's rage so enjoyable? Yes, yes it was. But you know, the mate bond is such a mysterious thing but you have to live with it.

I sat with amazement as his power engulfed the whole room, the dark glittery form writhing around his body. I relaxed deeper into the couch and watched silently as Ryker's black form disappeared a moment before reappearing behind the other outline of the Potato Man.

He was totally holding back on our fight, Rei pouted. I chuckled quietly.

Of course he was, I said. I watched as the Potato Man was lifted in the air and thrown across the room, over my head and crashing into the wall. Ryker hadn't let up however as his black outline appeared besides him in a flash. The walls shook as Ryker lifted him up and slammed him against it, his arm outstretched while his hand seemed to be clamped around his throat. I heard Potato Man's choked gasps and his hands scrambled to unwrap Ryker's fingers. I knew it would be impossible to do so.

Kei do something! Brad's voice said through mind link. I turned my head to give him a pouting look.

"Awe, but it's so fun. Come on, you have to admit that he was asking for it."

"Even so, if Ryker kills him Thomas's pack will be even more vulnerable from losing its alpha." I couldn't argue so I sighed and got up slowly.

"I hate it when you're right." Sighing again, I strode over to where the two men quarreled. The man was now on the ground while Ryker stood over him, his black power now pushing down onto Potato Man, I guess who is named Thomas. Before I interrupted however, I studied the way Ryker's power grew, filling the whole room with its intensity.

"Kei." I must have been standing there a bit too long as Brad warned me again.

"Alright alright. I'm going," I walked over and stood besides Ryker without touching him. "Come on King, we all know you're livid and you want to kill the man but let's try and let your anger out in a more productive way." He ignored me. Uh, excuse me? Honey, just no. "King, come on. Put the man down," I said again, trying to be soothing.

"Kei stay out of it," he growled back at me.

No. No. No. NO. Did he just growl at us?

Yes. And we're going to deal with that later but right now let's just ignore it, Kei grumbled.

"I know. But dang it he's lucky he's my mate," I muttered before finally laying a hand on his shoulder. Just as I did, Potato Man had to open his fat mouth once again.

"Why don't you listen to your little mate, King Dare?" I face palmed. He was really asking to die, wasn't he? Ryker made a move to do something but I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Whoa there hot shot. Let's just let the Potato Man go and talk like civilized people. Sound good?" I patted his chest while I hugged his back. His muscles were coiled tight underneath my hands and I could sense his anger waning.

"Don't worry King-" I leaned over Ryker's side while unwrapping my arms and threw a punch at Potato Man's face. My fist made contact and that shut him up. Ryker still had a grip on his throat but not as tight as he was able to breathe more easily.

"Look Potato Man, I would really suggest that you shut your mouth." I reached up and gripped Ryker's hand that was around his throat, gently unwrapping his fingers. I managed to get Potato Man out of his death grip before he fell to the ground, his back sliding down the wall. I interlaced our hands and I pulled Ryker away.

"Well that was close. Maybe you'll learn your lesson to shut up next time." Thomas coughed loudly before I heard his sharp intake of breath. Ryker stood besides me quietly and I shot him a sideways glance. Even though he seemed calmed down, I could still sense the animosity underneath. His power was also writhing around like an angry snake.