Chapter 11: Kei Valancia

Color Manual

Black - malice

Light Yellow - disbelief

Crimson - hatred

Dark Brown - tense

~~~~~~~~~~

Something is wrong with this, Rei sounded uneasy as I gripped the material in my hand.

What, the shredded bodies or the weird smelling shirt?

I'm serious, Rei snapped.

I'm being serious too. If this is really his doing then he's escalating quicker than we had originally thought.

I bit my lip and frowned. The shirt smelled like a werewolf, but another scent was on it. I grabbed another article of clothing from the bag. It was a different scent but it still had that smell. I checked all of the clothes in the bag, each having their own trademark smell but they all had that one thing in common.

It has to be him, Rei hissed venomously.

We can't be sure. I could feel her anger grow.

Well who else could it be?

I'm not sure, I admitted. I went back to identifying each body to a piece of clothing. When I was positive about my decision, I placed each shirt to its matching scent. Of course, the room reeked of the heavy stench of death, a thick cloak filling my nostrils. After I finished, I stood back.

"Do you know who these are?" I turned to look at the small form standing besides Ryker. I noticed with curiousness that the energy around her seemed off. I frowned as the murky brown shifted to an ugly yellow.

"Are these right? They can't be." Her voice came out in a quiet whisper.

"They are." Something was incredibly wrong with this woman. Her energy bubbled angrily, the grotesque two colors swirling up and down her body almost like a snake. My eyes widened when it dawned on me. She didn't see me coming as I wrapped my fingers around her slender neck, slamming her body against the wall.

"Kei!" I ignored Ryker and instead narrowed all of my attention to the current problem.

"How did you manage this?" I hissed in her ear. I felt the malice roll off of her in waves, this all-too familiar bottomless black tried to envelope me but I clenched my jaw and fought it off.

"Please... You're hurting me," she whimpered. I growled at her.

Oh that lying little-

"Kei that's enough!" Ryker roared and he gripped both my arms in a painful grasp. He practically threw me across the room and I landed on my feet in a defensive position. I snarled viciously at him while he in return roared back.

"What is wrong with you?" I watched as his outline went to the aid of that thing, her pitiful whimpers followed by the quiet reassurances of my mate.

I may know your reason for attacking, but to others you look like a crazy wolf gone wild, Kei sounded amused and I sighed.

You're right.

Of course, I'm still irritated that our own mate is consoling that thing. I chuckled quietly and Ryker turned to me with disbelief. I think I hated the color light yellow.