Chapter 12: Ryker Dare

I shut the door and turned with my arms crossed, staring at the man sitting behind the desk.

"Your mate is something else," he grumbled. I cracked my neck and sighed quietly.

"She's a handful more or less," I retorted and Hale scoffed.

"You love it." I didn't say anything but watched as he got up and opened a dark wooden cabinet, pulling out a dark bottle of scotch. I went and sat down while he prepared two glasses and sat one full glass in front of me. I nodded to him in thanks and gripped the glass, tipping my head back and downing the whole thing. The alcohol burned down my throat and I relished in the feeling. Meanwhile, Hale nursed his slowly.

"So let's get to the real reason why you wanted to talk, Alpha Hale. I'm guessing it has to do with my mate." He nodded and set his glass down gently, the dark liquid swishing slightly before calming.

"Yes. It seems that maybe Kei knows who is doing this. Or has an idea." I tapped absently on the empty glass before nodding.

"She does seem to know something. I'll question her about it when she gets back." My mood instantly took a turn when I recalled our earlier argument. Why couldn't she just listen for once?

We just met her yesterday and along with her attitude, we can't expect her to be a follower. I clenched my teeth but had to silently agree.

Has it really only been a day since we've met? It almost seems impossible with everything that has happened.

That just means Kei is going to make everyday as long and worthwhile.

I suppose so, I mused to him.

"Alpha Dare," Hale looked almost hesitant to speak.

"You are free to speak Alpha Hale. What is it?" He looked slightly uncomfortable until his expression changed to one of steel.

"There is a chance that Kei may be behind all of this."

My first instinct is to reach over and rip the man's head off for even thinking that my mate, his luna , would be the one responsible for this. But instead, I stayed calm.

"What makes you think of this." A look of surprise flitted across his features.

"I don't know," he admitted, "but it's a fact that we know absolutely nothing about her. For all we know, she's not actually blind." I was silent.

I hate to say this but he does have a point, Axel almost sounded like he was in pain as he said this. I shut my eyes and sighed.

"Fine." I opened my eyes and looked at him with a hard look, "I'll keep an eye on her however, you will not do anything against her. Even if she is the one behind this, it's clear to see she's stronger." He looked thoughtful as he nodded his head.

"You're right. I won't do anything being how we don't even know if she's involved or not," he suddenly chuckled darkly. "It's despicable what I am making you think of your mate."

"No you're right. Even if she is my mate I won't forgive her if she is behind this." I stood up and laid the empty crystal glass back onto his desk. "I'll take my leave. I have some other business to attend to." I turned and walked leisurely and opened the door. However I stopped when he said, "Alpha Dare." I stood with my back towards him, tilting my head for him to continue.

"Be careful around her." I didn't reply and simply walked out, shutting the door behind me with a quiet click.