Chapter 13: Kei Valancia

Color Manual

Navy Blue - confusion

Beige - sheepish/embarrassment

Electric Green - excitement

Dark Lavender - happiness

Light Azure - amusement

~~~~~~~~~~

We're being followed, I commented with amusement.

Do you think I don't know that? He's part of Draven's pack.

Anyway, hurry up. I can feel his eyes on our furry butt. She let out a wolf-snort before speeding up.

Don't worry, we're almost -

She never finished as we heard a loud yip and a huge furry body hit ours at full momentum. The weight instantly lifted off and I jumped onto all fours. I bared my teeth in a snarl but stopped when I saw the familiar mint green aura. I shifted and stood grinning.

"Draven, you dang Casanova, come give me a proper greeting." I heard him shift, his energy rippling momentarily before his black form turned into a tall man.

"You look ten times better than the last time I saw you and that was five months ago. Why haven't you called? Sent me a letter?" Right after he finished his question, I was engulfed in a bear hug. I returned it with the same amount of intensity. The familiar scent of mint filled my nostrils, reminding me of all the times together.

"I missed you too you big lug." He pulled back at arm's length and I could feel his stare on my face

"You get more beautiful each time you come visit. Now come, Maria is going to be so excited to see you." We began walking through the woods, our arms linked together.

"How's everything going in the pack?" I asked him. He chuckled.

"If you're talking about rogues, don't worry. No attacks whatsoever," I smiled in relief.

"That's good. Now." I stopped and I felt him stop besides me, confusion evident around him. I lifted my hand and pulled it back, slapping him hard on the back of the head.

"What the hell?" He cursed and he jumped away from me. I crossed my arms and stood there glaring at him.

"That's what you get for creating another psychotic groupie."

"What are you talking about?" He seemed to still be in pain and I smirked.

"It so happens the pack that I'm in now had a woman that you had slept with. Lucky for me, she was insanely jealous and thought it would be great to try to kill me."

"Oh," his energy and tone showed his sheepishness, a light beige. "Sorry about that." I scoffed.

"Oh don't apologize to me, apologize to the woman that you slept with. Goddess knows how much you had to beg to get her in your bed." I poked his arm teasingly and he playfully shoved my arm.

"You're such a jerk you know that?" I laughed and threw an arm around his shoulders, pulling him down to my level.

"Fine I guess I won't tell you the big news." I sighed dramatically and began walking, dragging him along with me. He groaned and walked besides me awkwardly.

"Kei," he whined. I shook my head in disappointment.

"No. I'm a jerk remember? It's only natural that I act like one."