Chapter 14: Kei Valancia

Color Manual

Copper Brown - fear

Dark Lavender - happiness

Red - anger

Dark Green - mistrust

~~~~~~~~~~

We entered the house, the air changing from hot and dry to cool and refreshing.

"Kei, guess what?" Maria jumped out of Draven's arms and gripped my shirt, tugging so that I would lean down to her level.

"What?" I heard her giggle quietly besides my ear, the smell of lilacs filling my nose.

"I met a boy," she said still giggling and my brows shot to my hairline.

"Oh? And what's this boy like,"

"I can't tell you in front of Rav silly. He gets jealous." I heard Draven let out an annoyed groan.

"I do not get jealous. Stop saying that Sis." Maria and I both giggled and I smiled brightly.

"Well then. We'll just have to go somewhere more private won't we." I picked her up suddenly and she let out a squeal. "Thankfully, I know just the right place." I turned and began heading out the door until Draven called, "Be careful you two." I waved a hand for a signal that I understood and I went through the door that we had just came through. Setting her down, I gave her a stern look.

"Now, I'm going to shift and you're going to ride on my back. But, make sure that you have a firm grip, okay?"

"I will! I promise," I chuckled and ruffle her soft hair, turning while rolling my shoulders.

"Step back." She did as she was told and I closed my eyes, feeling Rei become excited.

Let's get this show on the road, she yipped.

Please be careful, I said humorously, not really meaning it. We both loved Maria as if she were our own little sister and would die for her.

You know I will. I didn't say anything back as I felt my body reshape into an animal that was the other side of me. I heard Maria let out a breath in awe.

"You're so pretty Kei." I let out a wolfy chuckle and tucked in my legs underneath me to lower myself to her height. I tilted my head in encouragement for her to get on. She clapped her hands in delight before I heard her walk over, her small hands gripping a fistful of my fur and jumping a little to get on. She struggled a bit as I was still quite tall even as I was in this position, but she managed to get on my back snugly. When I was sure she wasn't going to fall off, I stood up on all fours. She laughed brightly before kicking her heels into my sides.

"Let's ride," I shook my huge head before going into a lazy jog. "Faster!" I rolled my eyes but obeyed, going only slightly faster. I felt the cool shade as we entered the woods, my paws hitting the ground with muffled thuds against the bushy forest floor.

"Come on Kei," Maria whined, "You're slower than Grandma Dhalia." Now that was offensive. Everybody knows that Dhalia is the slowest werewolf, aka her grandma, and yet she's comparing me to her? Talk about rude. Fine, if she wanted to go fast then that's what I will do. I stopped and turned my head to look at her.

Maria, wrap your arms around my neck and hold on tight. Whatever you do don't let go, I said through mind link. Her arms wrapped around my neck in a tight grip while burrowing her face into my fur.

When I was sure she wouldn't fall, I faced forward and relaxed my muscles, adrenaline buzzing through my blood. Throwing my head back, I let out piercing howl before launching full speed between trees. Maria let out a screech of surprise that soon turned into loud laughter.