Chapter 6: Ryker Dare

"So you're really going along with this?" Clark stood in front of me with his arms crossed. Before the fight could ensue, Alpha Hale had pulled Kei off to the side and the two were whispering among themselves about Goddess knows what.

"Yes. Kei challenges my authority too much, and she needs to be taught a lesson." Clark frowned at me.

"Is this you actually speaking or your wolf? We both know that you're not a total ass like this unless Axel is involved," he told me. I growled low in warning.

"Even so, I wouldn't be bad mouthing at this time, beta." Immediately he bowed his head, knowing not to push me even further.

"Yes Alpha."

Nodding in satisfaction I turned my gaze back to my mate who was staring at Alpha Hale with a bored expression. I took this moment to admire the beautiful young woman.

A few silvery strands of her hair that had escaped from her bun flowed along with the gentle breeze passing through. The skinny jeans she wore was plastered against her long, slender legs as if made like a second skin.

Just imagine her without any clothes, Axel practically purred.

I don't think envisioning our mate naked is a good idea right now, I replied with annoyance.

Why not? Just look at that figure. And those never ending legs are just so-

Enough!

"Hey King! Are you ready to get your butt kicked?" I didn't give any indication that I was just talking to my wolf about imagining her with a lack of clothes. Instead, I quirked an eyebrow.

"You know, if you wanted to get a piece of this you could have asked," I called over to her. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Puh-lease. We both know who is the sexier one in this relationship." She grinned at me brightly. This time, it was my time to roll my eyes but I didn't say anything.

I began taking lazy strides towards her in the middle of the yard, the afternoon air crisp and clear while the sun was warming the earth.

I stopped a few yards away, spreading my feet in a defensive position.

We need to go easy on her, Axel said. I agreed and waited for Kei to get in a defensive position also but she simply stood there with her hands loose at her sides. I didn't say anything about it as I watched her eyes shut and she inhaled deeply.

"King, I know I look like a weak little woman and it doesn't help that I am your mate, but I am going to show you that I can handle myself. So please, try at least to get serious for just a little bit." Gasps were emitted around us as she opened her eyes again, the colors switching from red to green. However, what really made her eyes even more abnormal was the golden ring surrounding her irises. "You ready to play, King?"

"Always when it's with you, Lune." She scoffed and cocked her head as I began circling her.

"Get ready. I won't go easy on you," she said.

She didn't even finish the sentence when she came charging at me. I didn't falter however at her abrupt advance. I took one swift step back just as she reached me and gripped her arm, using her momentum to flip her over. The plan backfired when she landed on her feet and twirled, lifting her leg up and kicking me right in the stomach. If I was any normal wolf, it would have broken all of my ribs on impact but me being who I am, it would simply leave a bruise. We both jumped back and circled each other once again, her eyes still retaining that eerie golden ring.

"I will say, your power is quite impressive." Her eyes darted above me before coming back down.

"I'm glad you approve," I said with a smirk and pushed off of the balls of my feet into a sprint, my form only but a slight blur. I suddenly appeared behind her and wrapped an arm around her neck. She didn't move, not even tense at my sudden appearance.