Chapter 8: Ryker Dare

Curse that sly woman. I mumbled angry words under my breath and watched from the sidelines as she instructed her peers who now looked at her with newfound respect.

Her face was in a serious mask, calling out commands with her back ramrod straight all the while giving off the air of authority and power. Goddess, she was so alluring.

"King." Her voice was cool and calculating, making me straighten.

"What is it?" I began walking towards her.

"I need you to train with this group over there." She jutted her chin in the direction of a group of teens, there eyes becoming wide at the sight of me.

"What exactly do you need me to do."

"I need you to give them the basics of fighting. They're quick learners but are still clumsy in some areas." I nodded but quickly remembered that she couldn't see.

"Alright. What are you going to do?" She suddenly smirked and pointed her thumb over her shoulder to another group of men who were checking out her figure.

"I need to teach these bimbos a lesson. You can watch before you start your own training." She whipped around before I could answer and sashayed over to the group. I glared at the men as they raked their eyes up and down her form.

"King, stay calm. I'm the one who needs to show the discipline if I'm going to be the trainer here." With a wave of her hand she walked up and stood in front of one tall man in particular, his eyes burning with a hunger that made me and Axel angrier the longer we watched.

Rip him apart, Axel snarled and I had to grit my teeth to keep him in check.

"So, Cole. I couldn't help but overhear your earlier words," Kei said with a casual smile. I was stiffer than a brick wall as I watched the man smirk.

"And what of it? I don't know if we should let a little girl like you be in charge of training us." He looked down at her and I snarled, making a move to strangle the guy before Kei raised her hand, making me still.

"Is that so? Well then, I guess we'll just have to do this the fun way, eh?" She chuckled before her hand darted out, gripping a fistful of his shirt and throwing him onto the ground. His loud grunt was the only thing that filled the air as everybody was shocked into silence.

"Now boys, you may all think that just because I'm a woman, I can't fight. I think you are being sexist idiots but hey, maybe you all just hate being one up by the opposite sex. Goddess knows how you all need to inflate your egos like a bunch of hot air balloons." The man, Cole, stumbled back onto his feet.

"It's not because you're a woman. It's because you're a rogue," he spat. I couldn't hold Axel back any longer. Letting out a loud roar, I suddenly appeared in front of him. His face paled and his eyes widened with fear at the livid expression on my face. Gripping his neck, I slammed his body back onto the ground and held him there.

"How dare you say that to your future Queen. If I were you, I would keep your mouth closed, pup." I snarled, tightening my hold against his neck. I almost turned and snapped at the person who dared to touch me but instantly relaxed as the familiar buzzing of electricity warned me of who it was. Shooting one more dark glare at the man, I let go and straightened. Just as I turned, I was met with two furious eyes that were currently a bright angry red.

"Oh Alpha Dare, would you mind coming with me for a moment? I need to have a little chat with you." The way she actually acknowledged me as an alpha with a sickly sweet voice caused alarm bells to ring through my head.

She's mad at you, Axel commented.

Thanks for stating the obvious. And don't pretend that you aren't involved with this as well, I replied dryly.