Chapter 15: Ryker Dare

I followed the two from a distance, watching as Kei dodged the trees with ease and grace.

She called us ill mannered. That's a first, Axel remarked dryly.

Can't really say I'm surprised, I retorted back. I felt the presence of four other wolves, all keeping their distance from us. They all must be part of this pack.

This is the Black Stone territory. The second biggest pack after ours. How would Kei know them? Axel sounded mystified yet impressed at the same time.

At this rate, anything to do with Kei won't surprise me any longer. Kei had stopped as we entered an open field, a large mansion in the distance.

This is the one place that I can truly call home, Kei sounded almost distant as she slowed down to a walk. I caught up and strolled besides her.

How do you associate with this pack? From what I can recall, the alpha and luna never had another girl. She shook her furry head.

I'm not their kid or anything. They just took me in when I trespassed onto their territory. Of course, I found it strange that they would want to keep a half deranged pup, she said the last part bitterly, as if recalling something unpleasant.

I didn't say anything in return until Kei stopped suddenly. I stopped besides her and gazed at her. She nodded her head towards the girl, Maria, and they seemed to be having their own silent conversation. I waited patiently and watched as the girl jumped off of her back and ran the rest of the way back to the house, now noticing a young man standing in the doorway with a guarded expression. Thick, coppery brown hair glinted brightly in the sun, his features similar to that of the little girl.

"Rav!" The girl jumped into his arms and the man's face transformed into a bright smile. He whispered something into her ear and she nodded before hopping out of his grasp and disappearing inside the house. His smile faded however when he looked back at me.

Stay here, Kei ordered. I growled lowly in response.

Only in your dreams, Lune. She didn't say anything but shake  her head again. I followed closely behind her as we made our way towards the house. She turned her head and shot me a look of annoyance before hitting me in the face with her tail.

I do have a bubble you know. And right now you are too deep in it.

Fine, I muttered back to her and moved back. Just a little. Once we were a foot away, we stopped. The man and Kei stared at each other, a silent conversation in their eyes.

"I'm going to do give alpha a quick call about you guys. You can just wait out here for a second while I get their approval." He turned and left into the house. Kei surprised me by sitting next to me, nuzzling my side playfully.

Don't look so vexed, it makes you look like a grumpy old man. I huffed and gave her a look.

I don't look like an old man, I retorted. She let out a bark. Besides, how can you even tell what I look like? Unless you're not really blind. She rolled her eyes.

I am blind and if I recall, you said something about being over two hundred years old. In my book, that's called old. Pretty much ancient. Plus, you forget that I can see your aura. She head butted me gently, her laughter ringing in my head. I tried to give her a menacing glare but instead gave me a wolfish smile.

It's not my fault. I don't start aging until - Before I could explain, the door slammed open and the man from earlier came out with a wide smile on his face.