Chapter 19

Amelia had enjoyed an afternoon of bonding with her new family. She had been so happy and grateful for the gifts that her siblings had gotten for her. Renesmee had been given her presents from her grandparents and was thrilled to bits. From Emmett and Rosalie, Amelia had received a cellphone because they knew she didn't have one. Emmet had set it up for her, complete with everyone's contact numbers saved on it and his face as her background picture, much to Amelia's amusement. He had then presented his baby sister with a t-shirt with his picture on it, showing off his muscles, and the words, 'This is my brother, so don't mess with me' emblazoned underneath. On the back, were the words 'I have two others as well'. The rest of her brothers and Carlisle nodded in approval.

Jasper and Alice had presented Amelia with a gift card enabling her to shop at any store in Alice's favourite mall in Seattle. Bella, Edward and Renesmee had brought her some more books and sheet music to add to her collection. Jacob, Leah and Seth had arrived a little later, and after the introductions were complete, they had presented her with a beautiful, intricately designed dream catcher that they had made themselves. Amelia held it up and marvelled over it, delighted. Alice had already anticipated it, so she informed Amelia that there was a hook just above her bed that she could attach it to. Carlisle and Esme had presented Amelia with a key. She flipped it over, and her jaw dropped.

"Is this what I think it is?"

"Yes it is," confirmed Edward, reading her thoughts with a smile. He caught Esme's eye and winked.

"Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh this is awesome!" she squealed, an impression worthy of Alice, hugging her parents tightly.

"You are going to have to take me for a drive when you have your permit, ok Mia?" said Renesmee.

"I pinkie promise, Nessie," replied Amelia, holding out her pinkie finger. The two youngest members of the family shook on it.

"Come on little squirt, let's take a look, shall we?" boomed Emmett, picking up his baby sister and carrying her to the garage to where the latest addition to the expansive garage stood. There had been a bit of shuffling around in parking spaces, so the gleaming silver Toyota was parked closest to the interleading door between the garage and main house.

"I sacrificed my parking spot for this tinny granny car," he mock sulked, glaring at the car as he put his little sister back on her feet.

"Lay off George, Emmett. Incidentally, which car is yours?" she said as she walked around the car.

"George? What kind of name is that for a car? Mine's the Jeep that has been kicked into the corner."

"George is named after my favourite composer, George Frideric Handel. And he's not a granny car!"

"I think it's a very sensible car for a learner driver," said Carlisle, joining in the conversation.

"It has a top speed of like 30 miles an hour!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms into the air in disgust.

"That's why we got it. Amelia's not indestructible like you, Emmett."

"I call shotgun on the car for Ness one day," said Edward as he strode into the garage, "if that is alright with you of course, Amelia."

"Not a problem, Edward."

"Yeah! Then we can buy you a superfast car!" whooped Emmett, "what cars do you like? We do supercars here, my dear little sister. As you can see, Rosalie has the red BMW M3, man does that woman knows her way around cars. Rose is the mechanic in the house, FYI."

"That she is," agreed Carlisle, "perhaps she'd be willing to teach you about the mechanics behind your car."

"With pleasure," called Rosalie from the living room.