Chapter 26

Esme pulled into the supermarket parking lot. They got out the car and grabbed a shopping trolley from the entrance to the supermarket and walked inside. They made their way slowly around the supermarket, selecting the items that they required.

"How about Nutella on your sandwiches?" asked Esme, secretly hoping that Amelia would decline the offer. They were discussing what to put on her sandwiches for the coming week.

"Awesome!" she exclaimed, walking over and grabbing a jar off the shelf in glee, "I haven't had this stuff in ages!"

Esme groaned internally. Why did she suggest that? They continued their way around the shop.

"Hello Esme. It's been a while," greeted a tall, dark haired woman as she walked past with a basket.

"Hello Caroline," Esme responded with a familiar smile, "how are you doing?"

"Well thank you, and you?"

"I'm good, thanks." Just then Amelia walked back to the trolley, holding some apples.

"I can't remember if we needed more apples, Mom," she said, staring at the label. She looked up and saw someone unfamiliar talking to her mother, "oh gracious! I am so very sorry to interrupt. Hi."

"Not a problem, my dear. You must be Amelia, I've heard so much about you. Oh, silly me, I'm Caroline Westsmythe, Daniella's mom," she added, seeing Amelia's confused expression.

"Oh. Hi there, Mrs Westsmythe. Yes, I'm Amelia Cullen. Pleased to meet you," she said politely, extending her hand to shake Mrs Westsmythe's hand, "Dani's a really good friend of mine. She has been so kind to me this week. I don't think I would have survived without her, Amy and Narcisse."

"Those three girls are inseparable. All Daniella's spoken about this whole week is you, so I'm pleased to finally be able to put a face to the name. I expect I'll be seeing a lot of you, you're always welcome to visit. Some days I think Amy and Narcisse might as well move in," she said with a chuckle, "I believe they are going to the cinema tomorrow, are you going as well?"

"I'm not sure yet, my mom doesn't mind but I'm worried that I get sick again or something."

"Well, I was thinking of driving actually. This weather is strange and it's a bit of a long drive for Daniella, so I'd prefer to drive the girls myself. Esme, perhaps you'd like to join me?"

"I was going to volunteer to drive the girls actually. I'm concerned about being so far away from Amelia in case something happens, so I'll definitely be there. I think Alice and Rose will also be up for a trip, but they'll surely do their own thing. Shall we all meet up at the cinema at 9am?"

"That sounds great. If you want to drop Amelia off beforehand so that the girls can travel together, that's also alright."

"We'll confirm in the morning, it will depend on what kind of night little madam over here has, and how she is feeling." Esme playfully tapped Amelia on the nose. Mrs Westsmythe smiled at the pair. She didn't know the Cullens very well, but it was common knowledge that the rather unconventional family cared very deeply about one another. From what little Daniella and Richard had told her, she couldn't help but feel happy for the pair in front of her.

"Sounds perfect. Hope to see you tomorrow, Amelia."

"I hope so too, Mrs Westsmythe. Hey, what sort of chocolate does Daniella like? I'd like to get her, Amy and Narcisse something for Valentine's Day. But please don't tell them."

"Daniella did her shopping for Valentine's Day on Sunday, actually. She got you a little something already, but I won't tell her you're getting her something, don't worry. She likes dark chocolate in particular, but anything will do. I know for a fact that Amy doesn't like dark chocolate, but Narcisse will eat anything as well."